For those who like old trains

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1
Big old 4-8-4 Steam Locomotive..We got permission to clime right up in side..That was awesome...As usual some people they said got in there and broke some glass and stuff,I made a video of it..And you can hear me call them ass holes "stuff like that pisses me off" I tell you what..I killed my bats in my camera yesterday that is for sure!! lol..Not even quarter of the stuff i shot yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJu5r_Ag4vQ

P3290168.JPG

P3290184.JPG

P3290202.JPG

P3290192.JPG

P3290055.JPG

P3290059.JPG

P3290080.JPG

P3290139.JPG

P3290099.JPG

P3290098.JPG

P3290149.JPG

P3290157.JPG

P3290044.JPG

P3290093.JPG

P3290166.JPG

P3290181.JPG

P3290180.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
That's awesome. I get the feeling that if those things could talk..man its just amazing how huge that stuff is with little technology on how old they are.

Its like a time machine and a little imagination on how hard those guys worked to keep those trains going around the clock.

Thanks for the pics. Really cool!

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk

Where was that 4-8-4 at? They are pretty rare these days. Used to love climbing on this 2-8-2 up @Ore Grande park in CA, moved Orange Empire museum.

up2564oregrande.jpg

For E-unit fans:

pictures%5C94244%5C345345.jpg

pictures%5C94244%5C2323.jpg

-Kurt

Check out these pictures of the Shay locomotive at Cass WV. These were taken about 22 years ago. This town was recently featured in the movie Angel Perch and the train is shown in the movie.

Cass 921.jpg

Cass 92.jpg

Cass 922.jpg

Where was that 4-8-4 at? They are pretty rare these days. Used to love climbing on this 2-8-2 up @Ore Grande park in CA, moved Orange Empire museum.
That Engine is in Richland/slash benton city area..Pretty much a place out by horn rapids park..It's by nothing really...It was restored by a local guy i heard some stories that it was not big enough for what he needed..or the guy he hired to run it..did a bad job..either way..it has been sitting for 5 years i think.

Some great photo's too guys!! any of you following the big boy 4014 4-8-8-4 being restored to go back on the rails again? That train was a monster:) pull our modern ones around like they was gutless..hehe

http://www.railgiants.org/union-pacific-big-boy-back-head.htm

bigboy.jpg

For E-unit fans:

pictures%5C94244%5C345345.jpg

pictures%5C94244%5C2323.jpg

-Kurt
always cool locos

My god how much bigger did he need! Never seen a 4-8-8-4 in person. That would be amazing to see. Some things just have to be experienced in person. That cab window is like 10-12' in the air!

The big boy was the cross country workhorse. Built to handle many cars as possible and get through the mountains without assistance. Insane how large they are.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk

That Engine is in Richland/slash benton city area..Pretty much a place out by horn rapids park..It's by nothing really...It was restored by a local guy i heard some stories that it was not big enough for what he needed..or the guy he hired to run it..did a bad job..either way..it has been sitting for 5 years i think.

Some great photo's too guys!! any of you following the big boy 4014 4-8-8-4 being restored to go back on the rails again? That train was a monster:) pull our modern ones around like they was gutless..hehe
I saw the X4012 at Steam Town in Scranton PA. It is one big engine with a weight of 1,250,000 lbs. I might have to make a trip to see UP X4014 when they get it restored. I am a train buff and I have a couple of these in the Lionel O guage scale. They are about 32 inches long and probably 15 lbs or so. They totally dwarf my other engines.

Big Boy X 4012.jpg

I saw the X4012 at Steam Town in Scranton PA. It is one big engine with a weight of 1,250,000 lbs. I might have to make a trip to see UP X4014 when they get it restored. I am a train buff and I have a couple of these in the Lionel O guage scale. They are about 32 inches long and probably 15 lbs or so. They totally dwarf my other engines.
Awesome John...I seen the old challanger my self back when i was in my teens...it was a site to see!! i wish it would come back close again soon....oohh my..lionel makes some nice trains..you got the 3 track ones? hehe...Ohh yes..me and my cousin are big train buffs..we plan to travel and see the big boy when its done..We mite just have to get together on a trip down there "once its ready"..That 4-8-4 is not far from my house..I'm going back to get some more pics of it..lol

Awesome John...I seen the old challanger my self back when i was in my teens...it was a site to see!! i wish it would come back close again soon....oohh my..lionel makes some nice trains..you got the 3 track ones? hehe...Ohh yes..me and my cousin are big train buffs..we plan to travel and see the big boy when its done..We mite just have to get together on a trip down there "once its ready"..That 4-8-4 is not far from my house..I'm going back to get some more pics of it..lol
Yeah a future trip is possible. I have also seen a Challenger as well as a Cab FWD. Also have those engines in my train collection. They were really nice locomotives in their time.

They (Union Pacific) moved it up from CA to restore it to working order. Locomotive 4014 was listed to have 1Million miles on her alone before retiring it. I heard they towed fully 5 mile fully loaded trains. Wow love the torque, don't think I could live with the mileage!

I got to see 4014 "Big Boy" it was parked for a long time at the Pomona Fair Grounds. Even got to blow the whistle on it. Just incredible how huge it was. Also got to see them tow it out as it headed out to be restored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got to see 4014 "Big Boy" it was parked for a long time at the Pomona Fair Grounds. Even got to blow the whistle on it. Just incredible how huge it was. Also got to see them tow it out as it headed out to be restored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome man...I can't wait...I think the big boy is the only one i have not got to check out..But always wanted too.

Here is a old fire patrol car i seen there...The graffiti cracked me up

Mattress Matt says...He will lay you down!!

P3290146.JPG

P3290145.JPG

Back