Ford 9 inch N case 31 spline axles, 3.00 Locker Rear End

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Sports Roof Fastback (early model)
1973 Coupe -Under rebuild/restore
All,

I have a friend of mine who is selling this Ford item. This rear end is located in Ingleside North Carolina. It is five miles North of Louisburg, NC 27597

Ford 9 inch, N case, 31 spline axles, 3.00 Locker Rear End from a 1970 Torino 429 Cobra Jet -- Sold As is with No Warranty -

I am recommending local pickup due to the size and weight. If you have questions, please ask.

$750.00

3525iex.jpg

9aqqdl.jpg

2rhu5ie.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are looking for an N case 9" don't limit yourself to our cars or like the Torino. I pulled one out of a 1969 Ford Econoline van. It is 28 spline but still and N case. Can be single track or Traction Loc. Check Ford P.U. in junk yard or crusher yard also they will have the big bearing 31 spline N case in some of them also. The 72 CJ I bought came with a 9" with Detroit Locker. Do not know if I will keep that or not will see how noisy it is when running. It clicks a lot when rolling in the shop.

If you are not going stock also look for a Lincoln Versaille disc brake rear that also came in some Granada and Mercury Monark vehicles. I believe it is correct width and has 9" gear.

Ford first made the 9" in 1957 and is still a great gear set. There are probably millions of them out there just have to look.

Thanks for getting back to me. What I really need is a set of 31 spline axles for the 70-71 Torino. Would have been nice to get the housing as well. I have an N case posi center section, so that wasn't all that important to acquire. If you know of any, please let me know. Thanks !

Back