Ford Carlisle

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach I
Ford Carlisle is finished for this year. It was HOT but only a little rain during car cruise to downtown. Not as many vendors. Did manage to find a few good items; face plate for am/8 track player for $40, new NOS still in Ford package master cylinder seals (2) for $5 and a NOS instrument cluster voltage regulator for my '66 conv for $15. Did not see any 7173 decals on the cars in the show field but I did not get to view all the cars. Curious as to what items others who were there came home with.

Mac

Was told there were 300+ vendor spaces available 2 weeks out. I went Friday and bought a NOS 73 rt. fender for $300 and a NOS 71-2 Mach grille in the Ford box for $100 (from a friend w/repairable, hidden crack). To busy scoping out parts to photo anything and yes, it was VERY HOT !...

Did I quick trip thru the show field, met Grande73 (had his 7173 shirt on. Had a nice conversation. Didn’t see anyone else that I knew was on the site (had my shirt on Friday not Saturday ). Saw mint 72 Sprint but didn’t get a chance to speak to owner.

I didn’t find any parts I really needed. My car is totally restored so not much I need. Need a few avocado interior pieces but they are hard to find. Limited space in a Mustang to take home any kind of large items anyway. The green Grande is my car. Had my 71-73 mustangs.com t shirts on both Friday and Saturday. Only talked with 72Mustangsprint as he said above.
Yes it was hot on Friday not as bad Saturday at least.

Attachments

• IMG_2202.jpeg
    IMG_2202.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2201.jpeg
    IMG_2201.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2200.jpeg
    IMG_2200.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2199.jpeg
    IMG_2199.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2198.jpeg
    IMG_2198.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Was there on Saturday morning and met Grande73. Very nice car! Was looking to meet Mac but he was away from his car which had the car cover still on. I did lift the cover slightly to check the color and saw it was his '71 Mach. Came back about an hour later but still covered. Next year! The Sprint was sharp also and a Q-code to boot! Plan on attending next year when my car is running again. A great gathering!

Was there on Saturday morning and met Grande73. Very nice car! Was looking to meet Mac but he was away from his car which had the car cover still on. I did lift the cover slightly to check the color and saw it was his '71 Mach. Came back about an hour later but still covered. Next year! The Sprint was sharp also and a Q-code to boot! Plan on attending next year when my car is running again. A great gathering!
?? I'm Mac and I did not have a car at Carlisle this year. Is there another Mac in the 7173 group that is out there?

Hi Mac. Thought that might of been your car under the cover. You mentioned you were going and I thought you might of brought your car. It looks like you have a yellow Mach from your post pic. Maybe see you next year!

Hi Mac. Thought that might of been your car under the cover. You mentioned you were going and I thought you might of brought your car. It looks like you have a yellow Mach from your post pic. Maybe see you next year!
Yes, I go every year. Stay in downtown bed & breakfast (The Carlisle House) along with 4 or 5 other Ford types there. No did not bring car. My the way my car is a 71 Grabber Lime Green. In bright sun shine it does look like a washed out yellow.

Hi Mac, I did initially think it was Grabber Lime Green so that was what I was looking for on the field. But when I lifted the cover it was yellow so I figured I just saw it wrong in your post pic. Grabber Lime is a very cool color by the way! Maybe you will bring your car some day? Met a guy there that drove his '66 GT350 from Canada!!!

Back