Ford Code Numbers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That makes sense they were on punch cards, one step better than hard copies, unless he also has the computer to compile all of the data and convert into more friendly modern computer languages. A lot of punch cards, must have been hundreds of boxes.

Thanks David, I'll see if all of your codes are in there.

Yes, same spreadsheet, just the different format. Some folks using older programs can't open the .xlsx.

I use a lot of spreadsheets in my line of work, still working part time. I am a civil engineer specializing in traffic engineering and transportation planning. I review and analyze huge amounts of data. Freight analysis data I get from the USDOT are thousands of lines of data, crash data from the states aren't as big, but when looking at crash data from places like Las Vegas they will run into a few thousand lines. So, I use a lot of formulas and sorting and filtering to extract what I need. The latest Excel spreadsheets can hold most of the data I use, used to have to start with Access to break it down into spreadsheet size.

If anyone has any codes that don't show up in the buck tag sheet, let me know and I'll see if I can track them down.
Hi Don,
Thanks for the great lists, lots of good info there.
I know this thread is a little old but I'd like to ask about my buck tag.
I found all the codes from my Buck tag except one.
If you look at the tag for my 73 vert, (I found it on drivers side behind the HL bucket) I see a "CHR" but I couldn't find it on the list and was wondering if I overlooked it.
Also, does anyone know anything about the "A", upper left corner or the "M" on bottom edge?
Thanks again for maintaining such a great resource.

Bryan20220514_140150.jpg

The CHR may be some option that is convertible specific. I couldn't find it in any of my references. If you have a Marti Report you might post it in the Marti Reports section of the forum, maybe we can find something in it that fits.
https://7173mustangs.com/discussion-forum/marti-reports.59/The A and M are likely inspector's marks.

This has saved me a few $ over time

Attachments

• 525CBF06-4960-4E2B-8D28-63BE3B217429.jpeg
    525CBF06-4960-4E2B-8D28-63BE3B217429.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
HELLO
my convertible is 1972 and wimbledon white, it is a Q code power windows, power brake, power top, radio and 8 track player. I don't understand the tags: CHR, BO and DE.
Thank you.

Attachments

• BUCK TAGS.jpg
    BUCK TAGS.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 7
BO is for Black Out option, which was part of the decor group. DE is for dual exhaust. This is the second time recently that CHR has come up, the other time was also on a convertible. I suspect it is a convertible specific option. If anyone has a Marti Report on a convertible, that also has CHR on the buck tag, it may give us a clue as to what it is.
You can download the spreadsheet in my first post in this thread that lists all of the codes I could come up with.
Edit: Maybe it's the extra reinforcement under the floor pans for convertibles?? Convertible H(?) Reinforcement.

Last edited:
Checked mine all all is understood. Am interested in the BO also. Mine is a mid 72 mach 1 in gold glow. I assume the BO is for black out option and is the black lower sections like the rocker and lower quarter panels etc.?

Attachments

• 20210409_174346.jpg
    20210409_174346.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Back