Ford logo dog dish from 14" wheel to 15" or 16" wheel?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IstoT

Reaction score
Howdy,

I have original factory installed 14x6 steel wheels with wheel trim rings and hub caps and I like the look of them. But I don't want to go for 14" wheel so I would like to know does those hub caps from 14" wheel work on 15" or 16" wheels? I have found that those trims can be bought for 15" and 16" wheels.
IMG_20200308_085747.jpg

I'm running the caps off my 14" factory wheels on 15X8 Wheel Vintiques series 62 steel wheels. 

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/WVI-62-5812044
Ok...good to know...looks good as painted same color as car. It was originally this way on some models ..if I remember right.
Hope someone confirm 16" too...

Edit: Seems that those can be get as 17" but not in 16" also there is GT version which can be attached those dog dish. I got loved these in first sight..:). So some day I will buy these..not sure is it 15" or 17". Now I have 17" American Racing Mach5 wheels and 17" is little hard on bad roads..:).
53 Series Ford GT Ralley

image.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok...good to know...looks good as painted same color as car. It was originally this way on some models ..if I remember right.
Hope someone confirm 16" too...

Edit: Seems that those can be get as 17" but not in 16" also there is GT version which can be attached those dog dish. I got loved these in first sight..:). So some day I will buy these..not sure is it 15" or 17". Now I have 17" American Racing Mach5 wheels and 17" is little hard on bad roads..:).
53 Series Ford GT Ralley
Yes, same size wheel front and rear.  The 71 & 73 base cars had just the hub cap and painted wheel as standard equipment.

The GT cap is for the earlier 68-69 styled steel wheel and will not work on the plain steel wheel. You might be able to attach the GT emblem to the dog dish by drilling the mounting holes. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems that GT sytle wheel is only max 15". And btw..I was planing to attach my Ford logo dog dish to gt style wheel (need to ask does it work on it)...I don't want GT text on Mach1..:). But I need to put this on ice cause I just bought those Mach5 wheels and I keep them a while...but some day..:)

Back