Found a sprint conv that may be for sale in FL - 2F03F184256

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach1, 2003 Cobra coupe
20130208_164416_resized.jpg20130208_164435_resized.jpg20130208_164501_resized.jpg20130208_164506_resized.jpg20130208_164700_resized.jpgThis is serial #1 (2F03F184256) of the fifty convertibles made for the 1972 DC Cherry Blossom parade. Having said that it is sad to see the car has changed and the original interior has been replaced and it was repainted and black stripes were added. I spoke to the owner about five years ago and he wanted to fix it up for his 25 year old daughter. Obviously that did not happen so now she is asking me what the car is worth. I told her about $5K if the body is rust free. The car is in Boca Raton FL. I can pass along her email if anyone is interested in this rough but rare car. She said it had not been running in ten years.

Rex

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow - very rare car. (like everyone doesn't know)

Hopefully not too much rust. This would be one where; if done right, would hold its value very well.

Be cool to see it brought back to original.

Ray

Florida cars = look rust free from the top, rotted out where you can't see them.

Wouldn't dare put a value on it without seeing the torque boxes and floor boards - minimum. Almost every single local (Miami) car I've seen has been rotted out at these spots. This car may have fared better for being on concrete, but the contents of that garage look as if they would help hold humidity in.

At least it clears with the Florida DMV though - more than we can say of many recent finds here.

-Kurt

That's pretty cool Rex. I don't need another car but this would be an interesting way to satisfy my convertible desire. I wish it were closer, but maybe that's a good thing.

An attractive little car for sure - and given it's proximity to me, it is a good thing that I'm running out of play money with the '71 Green Machine.

I wonder what possessed someone to smash both mirrors inwards...

-Kurt

That's pretty cool Rex. I don't need another car but this would be an interesting way to satisfy my convertible desire. I wish it were closer, but maybe that's a good thing.
So when is the road trip?
Don't think I haven't considered trying to get it because I have. It's just a bit too far and the looming/pending DoD sequestration plus the wife would KILL me.

Check it out Rex, at least for curiosity's sake. I might be interested in getting another one too.

Should have bought Jay's a while back but someone snagged it first...

Last edited:
Back