Found and bought my father old Stang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snakebite8

Reaction score
My Car
67-fastback gt k-code
72-mach 1 HO
Years ago my dad sold his 65 fastback to my cousin. My cousin then sold the car to someone else and I lost track of the car. For years I looked for the car and last weekend I found and went to look at it. I could not believe I was looking at it and touching it. I made an offer and he accepted my offer! I can't believe I found and bought this car!

image.jpg

I'm not letting it go! I hope to have it striped this coming winter and repainted. The guy who bought from my cousin had it repainted a different red and let the interior go. So I'll have to do the interior over too. For now. I'll drive it and use it till fall.

Pick is me and my brother next to the car and my father with it below.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome story!!

BTW if any of you bought your 73 Mach 1 around 1981-1982 from the Galveston area and at the time it was blue with red and orange retro flames on the front, PM me ;););)

It's my brothers' dads and it started the current Mustang insanity in my head. I can't afford it right now, but I'd love to check up on it.

Great that you found it and you will pass on more memories.

I can remember my dad telling me about the cars he had and let go. One was a 35 Ford roadster, V-8 with the Columbia 2 speed rear. He would race anyone but you had to put up some cash, lol. As family came along it went away and a Hupmobile took it's place and then back to Fords.

I guess that is why I never sold a car just put them in the barn. That is except the GM cars that I gave a try and found out they were not for me. 1974 Nova SS and 1978 Oldsmobile sold them and glad I did.

David

thanks everyone. so excited to have the car back in the family!!

i really cant wait to start working on it and drive it myself on the road!!

Back