Found my build sheet unfortunately

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 dark green
While I have been working on my interior I kept an eye out for my build sheet.  Not in any of the seats (they had been recovered) not here, not there.  But I was getting ready to put in new carpet and I peeled back the underlayment (I guess that what it is called) that sits on the bare floor before the carpet gets laid on it) and I found what was left of my build sheet.   Needless to say 48 years of wear and a little moisture had turned it into just a paper coating on the metal, just an edge was identifiable as the build sheet, needless to say I just left it there, nothing to recover, just basically paper dust. :mad:

The good thing is no rust in any of the floor, clean metal with it's green paint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear. At least as you said there is no rust so that is good news. When I got my car the carpet was out so I didn't even get a glimpse of my build sheet.

While I have been working on my interior I kept an eye out for my build sheet.  Not in any of the seats (they had been recovered) not here, not there.  But I was getting ready to put in new carpet and I peeled back the underlayment (I guess that what it is called) that sits on the bare floor before the carpet gets laid on it) and I found what was left of my build sheet.   Needless to say 48 years of wear and a little moisture had turned it into just a paper coating on the metal, just an edge was identifiable as the build sheet, needless to say I just left it there, nothing to recover, just basically paper dust. :mad:

The good thing is no rust in any of the floor, clean metal with it's green paint.
that is exactly how I found mine.

Not to rub it in so to speak, but I now realize how very fortunate I was to find not 1 but 3 almost pristine build sheets under the underpad in my 71 California car. 2 behind the seat and 1 just in front of the driver seat.

Back