Found-Power steering tube, pressure line to pump

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

Stocktrader

Reaction score
My Car
Too many to list
Its the 6" bent line that goes from the back of the pump to the high pressure hose. Somehow I lost mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Stocktrader, unfortunately Ford never released a service part number for that tube so it was never available over the counter. There were part numbers released for the nuts to be used when a tube was manufactured from bulk tubing.

I would check with Don @ Ohio Mustang Supply, Mike @ Motor City Mustang, or Rackerm, all who are Forum members here and have E-Bay stores and just may have some original tubes that are looking for a home. If that falls through you just may have to bite the bullet and make one. Good Luck with your search!

Reaction score
My Car
1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/408C stroker
You can easily make one by bending a piece of tubing to match the S shape. You then need to double flare each end. I replicated mine in that way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

jmassey6

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Ford Mustang Mach I Fastback, 351C-2V, AT, PS, AC, dual exhaust
Its the 6" bent line that goes from the back of the pump to the high pressure hose. Somehow I lost mine.

I was in the same boat...my grew legs however, without it, you are dead in the water.  I tracked one down at West Coast Classic Cougars as noted below.  A bit pricey but I have a complete power steering system now.  They also have the bracket and nut if you need it.  Hope this helps.

-Jeff

73pony

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2v
You can easily make one by bending a piece of tubing to match the S shape. You then need to double flare each end. I replicated mine in that way.

I made mine as well. Not too difficult. I also made one for another member as well.

Stocktrader

Reaction score
My Car
Too many to list
I really don't want to make one. That is a sharp bend out of the pump and easy to kink. On top of having to get the tool, tube, and fittings while working the graveyard shift. Sometimes it is just more efficient to get a good original and for me this is one of those times. Just sucks because its holding me up from driving the car and I need to get it moved.

OMS

Vendors
Reaction score
My Car
xxx
I really don't want to make one. That is a sharp bend out of the pump and easy to kink. On top of having to get the tool, tube, and fittings while working the graveyard shift. Sometimes it is just more efficient to get a good original and for me this is one of those times. Just sucks because its holding me up from driving the car and I need to get it moved.
I can pull the one off this car, pm or email me if your still needing one

Last edited by a moderator:

Stocktrader

Reaction score
My Car
Too many to list
I had also used searchtempest and found a tube attached to a pump for sale on Craigslist in Detroit. 

I'll be ordering parts from Don as soon as the car can be moved from the side yard.

Thanks everyone!

mpbsr

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible (Mach I Tribute)

I made mine as well. Not too difficult. I also made one for another member as well.
And it's still working great.

Thanks

73pony

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2v

And it's still working great.

Thanks
Good to hear.