Found the original Coupe Floor Mats!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketFoot

Stangin' ain't easy but somebody gotta do it!
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
As the title says, I have found the original brown vinyl floor mats that came with our 72 Coupe! To my surprise, they are in great condition and are original FoMoCo mats! They are brown and have the raised running pony logos that are opposite of each other (left and right facing ponies).

Dad is wondering if they still make flaps like this or if all the repro's have ponies only facing one direction? I have them in the trunk of the Cobalt so I can get a photo later!

As the title says, I have found the original brown vinyl floor mats that came with our 72 Coupe! To my surprise, they are in great condition and are original FoMoCo mats! They are brown and have the raised running pony logos that are opposite of each other (left and right facing ponies).

Dad is wondering if they still make flaps like this or if all the repro's have ponies only facing one direction? I have them in the trunk of the Cobalt so I can get a photo later!
I have the original black mats from my 73 Convertible and I bought a set of repo's. They look identical on top with the ponies facing right and left towards each other. The repo's have the Scott Drake name on the back of the mat.

Nice find, even more so, as they are in good condition.

Regarding the ponies: On my reproduction mats they both run to the left. :s

They came from Mustangs Unlimited.

Back