Found this… what is it for?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Engine ID tag, usually bolted down under the coil bracket bolt on the intake.

351C built May 1972. K622 is a Q-code 351-4V. I've seen the suffix SG being associated with the Pantera. I bought the top end off a local Pantera and it has the K622SG tag.

Oh interesting, so it’s a Pantera Tag. My car is a 72, was built in 71. And the motor is the original. So some previous owner must have picked this tag not knowing it’s not technically correct

Thanks for the info again hemikiller.

Engine ID tag, usually bolted down under the coil bracket bolt on the intake.

351C built May 1972. K622 is a Q-code 351-4V. I've seen the suffix SG being associated with the Pantera. I bought the top end off a local Pantera and it has the K622SG tag.
Interesting. The Marti Tag Book for Mustang and Cougar only lists K621or K620 for the 4v CJ "Q" code. The suffixes are list separately page 92. So I guess you're right, not a Mustang or Cougar engine tag.
I assume Ricard is correct that his engine is the original with the VIN to prove it.

Not saying it is specifically a Pantera tag. May have been used in the Mustangs and Cougars as well, but can't verify.

Keep in mind the Pantera was sold through Lincoln-Mercury dealers, the 622 was only listed in that MPC, not the Ford one.

1647999825591.png

Back