found this for sale today

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking there might be an extra '0' added to that price when it sells.

Good lookin' car.  ::thumb::

Lots of missing bits and incomplete work on that one. It looks nice, but I have a feeling lots of things are left undone and whoever buys it will be chasing gremlins for some time.

At least they managed to get the hood *almost* correct, but the side stripes ---- Oh my - I just hope those are not painted on....

Lots of missing bits and incomplete work on that one. It looks nice, but I have a feeling lots of things are left undone and whoever buys it will be chasing gremlins for some time.

At least they managed to get the hood *almost* correct, but the side stripes ---- Oh my - I just hope those are not painted on....
…….. and the rear spoiler is on "backwards"!!!! Those louvers have GOT TO GO also. Oh and it's a 73 with what look like Graphics Express side stripes..... in the wrong place. (They have the same slight defect in shape as mine on the front fender piece)

Geoff.

is the rear spoiler really on backwards? my car isn't here so I can't go look.

BTW, I love louvres. in fact, I should make that my license plate: #iluvlvres

is the rear spoiler really on backwards? my car isn't here so I can't go look.

BTW, I love louvres.  in fact, I should make that my license plate: #iluvlvres
On backwards... I like the louvers too, I have a mint set of older metal that I purchased in the mid '90's... I now own two vert's and a hardtop  :whistling:

This is a nice driver condition car, located not to far from me. I have never seen it before though...

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just looking at the rear spoiler. because of the location of the aftermarket antenna, I the spoiler would not fit the other way around. the antenna is in the space made available by the angle of the spoiler. I wonder which was installed first?

I wonder if the seller is getting concerned, still just one bid for $2,000.
The fact that it is in Canada will hamper its saleability... As someone who has imported these car’s and is currently in the process of doing it again; crossing border’s is time consuming, paperwork intensive and can be expensive... I would never personally bring something like this car North of the Border if I was searching. It would have to be very rare, like I did with my 71 J Code Vert. Just not as many buyer’s here based on population.... $2000 seem’s low for this car, it may be the venue he has chosen to sell it. He would have been better off to put it in the upcoming Classic Car Auction in October, just outside Toronto. His car in its current condition would bring $12K+, depending on the knowledge of the purchaser’s. A grabber blue paint job will attract... Just my thoughts...

I just sold my 1978 Ford Ranger resto-mod on the BaT auction site. it did not meet reserve during the auction, but I did a deal above the reserve with the high bidder after the auction closed. I am active on BaT, and enjoy the commentary. that said, it is just one auction site among many, and like any auction, it depends on who is there to see it. I have been at numerous Mecum auctions, and the have seen any number of 71-73 Mach 1's sell for $15-23k as long as they had good paint and were shiny.

Back