Frame Measurement Madness

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I used these measurements to mount my car to a frame table. All of the measurements came out good except the front bumper mount hole. The bumper hole measured 12.2" to the center of the welded nut. The sheets have measurements of 11.91 and 12.38. I still have to fabricate mounts to attach the front of the table to the strut rod crossmember.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve, first let me say, Wow! Love the frame table/gig! Awesome work! I will do this for my 66 Factory GT Fastback, when I get to it.

I'll be going back over my car today with those measurements. They are definitely more in the ballpark of what I'm seeing on the rear end. It's amazing that the number could be so different across these diagrams. Makes you wonder where the info came from. In my red pen sketch in my first post, I'm getting a delta of 8.25" between the rear rocker measurement and the rear frame rail point. (measured from the center of each hole) In the diagram you and the folks pointed me to, it's 7.59". That puts me within ~.65". I've set the car up dead level based on the Interior rocker box. (convertibles have double rockers) They are very straight and square.

BTW, please confirm for me that this is the correct measurement point (center of hole) on the rear frame rail. (see image below)

Hey guys, what’s the protocol/etiquette for a fall project thread? There’s going to be more questions/conversation than just the frame measurements. I figure it might be good to start a thread dedicated to the overall project. “72 TX Convertible Restomod”. It will have a 408C stroker with 500+ HP and ft-lbs, full custom paint, custom frame stiffening, etc, etc. And your thoughts and opinions on many of my choices will be infinitely valuable. Maybe I can just rename this thread/post. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the forums is named "Individual Project Build Threads and Blogs".

Maybe one of the Admins can move this thread over to there and you can rename it.

It's nice to see a build progress.

Hey guys, what’s the protocol/etiquette for a fall project thread?

“..full Project thread”

NOT “fall”. Dang Siri! She listens about as well as my wife.

One of the forums is named "Individual Project Build Threads and Blogs".

Maybe one of the Admins can move this thread over to there and you can rename it.

It's nice to see a build progress.

Thank, Don! We’re pretty much at the bottom here. No where to go, but up! [emoji12]

BTW, please confirm for me that this is the correct measurement point (center of hole) on the rear frame rail. (see image below)

[image: IMG-8534.jpg]

I have no way to confirm the measurement other than they work for my car. I have not checked my rockers to see if they are level. All of my measurement are from the frame table. The table is level. I will check today to see how the rockers compare to the table.

Rockers are higher towards the front of the car by about 1/4" in 24". Someone had mentioned in an earlier post not to go off the rockers that they will not be level to the reference line.

I used these measurements to mount my car to a frame table. All of the measurements came out good except the front bumper mount hole. The bumper hole measured 12.2" to the center of the welded nut. The sheets have measurements of 11.91 and 12.38. I still have to fabricate mounts to attach the front of the table to the strut rod crossmember.

Now that is a great work table for sure. You know your chassis is right.

Back