• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Free Cowl

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramair

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Coupe 351W
1973 Cougar Convertible(sold)
1966 Mercury Comet 202
1985 F150 4X4
1989 Mercury Cougar XR7
1962 Ford Fairlane
I have a cowl, the upper and lower portion that came out of a air conditioned car. Now before you get all excited, it is not in top notch shape or perfect, close from it. I feel like I wasted my time and effort removing this thing, this is why it is a freebie. Now if you want to put some work into it it is salvagable. The top and lower half will need to be seperated. It will need to be sandblasted clean to remove the rust, paint and crap. There will be some hammer and dolley work needed on the top piece. There will be some additional welding needed as I slipped with a air hammer while removing this thing. I punched some extra holes in it, yes it happens. The hat that fits onto the air draw hole will either need to be replaced or repaired as it has some rust holes in it. The porting where the hat attaches to the lower cowl still looks solid but is rusty.

Last but not least, I will not ship this thing, it will have to be picked up in person. So if you can use it and want to pick it up, it is whoever call dibs on it first.

72 Mustang Cowl.JPG

72 Mustang cowl backside.JPG

72 Mustang cowl hat.JPG

That's not bad shape at all believe me you must not live in the north east lol

Aww to bad, it's impossible to find this in my part of the world.. :(

It would have to ship UPS, but we can ship one to you

Item #3648KA

71-73 COWL PANEL, UPPER AND LOWER

NEW ITEM never before available. Cowl panel for 71-73.

One other note on this cowl, you have to be a memeber of this site to get this. I will not respond to people emailing me who are not members. Don't ask me how, but I have been getting emails from people who are not members.

One other note on this cowl, you have to be a memeber of this site to get this. I will not respond to people emailing me who are not members. Don't ask me how, but I have been getting emails from people who are not members.
Good call

I had the same issue when I was selling my Center Console, I had people E-mailng me saying they saw it here, I toll them PM me through the site. I never heard from them.

Any notes on who has actually installed one of the new reproduction cowls from Ohio Mustang? I have seen several entries stating that they received their new cowl section.

mustang7173

Last edited by a moderator:
Any notes on who has actually installed one of the new reproduction cowls from Ohio Mustang? I have seen several entries stating that they received their new cowl section.

mustang7173
You can also ship Greyhound and would only have to wrap it in shrinkwrap. There are tons of greyhound shipping locations and it is usually cheaper than Fedex and UPS

If nobody wants this I am sending it to the metal recyclers this weekend.

I have a cowl, the upper and lower portion that came out of a air conditioned car. Now before you get all excited, it is not in top notch shape or perfect, close from it. I feel like I wasted my time and effort removing this thing, this is why it is a freebie. Now if you want to put some work into it it is salvagable. The top and lower half will need to be seperated. It will need to be sandblasted clean to remove the rust, paint and crap. There will be some hammer and dolley work needed on the top piece. There will be some additional welding needed as I slipped with a air hammer while removing this thing. I punched some extra holes in it, yes it happens. The hat that fits onto the air draw hole will either need to be replaced or repaired as it has some rust holes in it. The porting where the hat attaches to the lower cowl still looks solid but is rusty.

Last but not least, I will not ship this thing, it will have to be picked up in person. So if you can use it and want to pick it up, it is whoever call dibs on it first.
Hi there, do you still have this cowl available? I would just need the passenger side (upper and lower piece) so you would have to cut it up right around where the passenger side vent opening starts, about 15 inches from the outside edge. Would you be willing to do that and ship it? Of course I would pay for shipping. ZIP is 68106. Please let me know. Thanks! OLD MUSTANGS NEVER DIE, THEY JUST GO FASTER!

Back