From Moscow with love!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How easy or difficult is the situation about importing parts and cars? Are there any parts shops out there? Don't the Kreml have an suspiciously eye on your scene concerning US-affinity? How about other people?
Not so difficult but a little expensive. Shipping now is longer and finally price now is more high. But situation is not critical yet and we all hope that mind will win this race. Now there no winers in all this situation, only loosers. But coming back to cars and parts we can wait spare parts because nobody hurry with such cars. For example this car is fourth of my cars. Besides Mustang I have two Mercedes (GLK for winter and E-cabrio W207 for summer) and 77 Chevy Impala. By the way, Impala is very interestning car. This car is here all the times. I have 77 year fotos of this car with USSR licence plates. Two fotos of one car.

Attachments

• 20220127_154519.jpg
    20220127_154519.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG-20201203-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20201203-WA0011.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
A warm WELCOME from sunny Miami! Glad to see some big nose Mustang representation in Russia. Hope to see the progress posted here on the site. Good luck!

In Russia we have several clubs of american cars. Young guys like modern us cars (and we have a lot of modern Camaros, Mustangs and Challengers) but a lot of my friends like classic american cars and muscule cars. For example foto of my friend's car when I said for him I bought classic Mustang. He was first who saw my car. And another foto from our meeting.

I saw this beauty at a local car show in Ohio last year. I was impressed by it and love it. It's been the only one I've seen.

20210501_141357_resized.jpg20210501_141417_resized_ mod.jpg20210501_141431_resized.jpg20210501_141406_resized.jpg

I saw this beauty at a local car show in Ohio last year. I was impressed by it and love it. It's been the only one I've seen.
It' one of russian legends GAZ-21 Volga. My grandfather had the same when I was 3-5 years old but I remember this car and the smells inside! One of my friends in USA have the same car and he won a lot of prizes at local and region car shows.

It is great to see your interest in American cars over there. I am a red-blooded American, but I have always greatly admired the strength of the Russian people. Two of my favorite authors of all time are Dostoevsky and Solzhenitsyn.

I also own several Russian firearms, which are amazingly uncomplicated, effective, and robust.

Although our countries have often had their differences, it really is encouraging to see men with mutual interest and respect in each other’s cultures.

Another warm welcome from Tennessee. Glad to see the 71-73 mustang showing up in Russia. Great to see you already have experience with American cars. Your English is very good as well. I could only imagine trying to figure out the restoration of a car when everything is in a foreign language. Please continue coming back to the group and give us updates as well any questions you may have. Like others have said our passion for the hobby unites us. The other things in our world can stay out of the discussions and we can all come together to learn and share from our enjoyment of the hobby and mustangs.

Another warm welcome from Tennessee. Glad to see the 71-73 mustang showing up in Russia. Great to see you already have experience with American cars. Your English is very good as well. I could only imagine trying to figure out the restoration of a car when everything is in a foreign language. Please continue coming back to the group and give us updates as well any questions you may have. Like others have said our passion for the hobby unites us. The other things in our world can stay out of the discussions and we can all come together to learn and share from our enjoyment of the hobby and mustangs.
Thanks so much! I am very glad so cordial welcome! Of caurse I will keep you all in touch. Now the first question is road police registration and the roof restoration because the roof is very bad and the hudravlic does not works now. Without this wee can not move on. Body problems will be the next. It's the next year plan.
By the way about my English, when I was young I worked as a translator from English. My specifications was technical translation)

Welcome from Oklahoma.

I agree with a previous post - please keep thin upper side moulding (protective strip) on car. You rarely see any cars with them! Nice car to start with.

Ray

I was looking the car with 6 cylinder engine that's not to pay too much custom fee and road fee. In Russia these fee depends from engine displacement and hp. Now under hood picture is not too clean but this car is real barn find and it's all original. Car saw the road at 97 last time.
That straight 6 engine is 250 cubic inches or 4.1 liter and has plenty of power, gets good efficiency and is very reliable. I think you scored very well.

Back