From the top: ‘73 Q code convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another thing you can do to take some more heat out of the radiator and also improve the life of your automatic transmission is to install a stand alone cooler for the trans. I did couple weeks ago and I drove over 200 miles in 90+ deg. weather with no issue.

I used a fan cooled Hayden you can see # on the box from Summit racing little over $100 I believe.

I made the two brackets so I could attach to the radiator support using two pierce nuts already installed and also the other bracket fits over the ends of two bolts in the center grill support. So I did not drill any holes and used Ford fasteners to put it in. I have a C-4 but would work on any.

I will have to go back and get link to the post I did when installed. I will edit and put here.

My first non-correct update. I’m not going for a Concours restoration and I doubt I enter any car shows for anything besides fun, so why not?

The ‘69-‘70 shift handle has so much more presence. And once I saw the little shifter in a Pinto, I could never see them the same way again.

My shifter is the original piece to the car and it is all metal/chrome but my shifter bezel is from a 69/70 Mustang and that's all metal/chrome as well so in my opinion it looks a lot better than the plastic bezel!

My shifter is the original piece to the car and it is all metal/chrome but my shifter bezel is from a 69/70 Mustang and that's all metal/chrome as well so in my opinion it looks a lot better than the plastic bezel!
West Coast Cougar has the leather one in stock. I may consider it for a future upgrade.

Yesterday: 

1 - pulled passenger door panel to get at power window motor, 

2 - pulled console to get at loose shifter (and chase down the wires rooted there and the odd switch in the console); hopefully sending off the clock for restoration if it doesn’t operate (need to test; nothing on that circuit works).

3 - topped off ‘vert pump/motor fluids; tested.

Today: install Pertronix Ignitor and Flame coil, wrestle the power window (hopefully it’s just bushings). 

Given I don’t have air conditioned space to work in, I only get a few hours in the a.m. and a few late, late in the day to do anything. Take a gander at Palm Springs summer weather.

Back