• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Front Coil Springs - too short for me

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Convertible Q code, Auto C6 trans
I have two new Eaton Detroit Springs that I purchased for my 73 convertible two years ago. I finally got around to my total suspension upgrade recently and I didn't like the ride height. It was too low. So I cleaned up my old springs and reinstalled and am now totally happy with all my upgrades. Now my delima is what to do with these new springs. I came close today to just throwing them out today but then thought, first let me see if anyone wants them. All I ask is that you pay for the shipping and they are yours. I'm in Southwest Michigan.

Details of what I ordered: Eaton Detroit Springs number MC1238-1. I'm sure the -1 means one inch lowered because that was I ordered versus stock height. My mustang is the convertible body, with air conditioning and the 351C-4V.

These new (1 inch lowered springs) measure 15.25 inches in height. My old 49 year old springs were 16 7/8" in height so not sure why these new ones are over 1.5" shorter.

I'm learning a lot about my mustang from all your help and am really appreciating this forum.

Bob

Attachments

• In Box.jpg
    In Box.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Out of Box.jpg
    Out of Box.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Box.jpg
    Box.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 9
Dang I am too slow, I just cut down a set that was too long! Interested though if the other back out…

Wow I’m thrilled that I didn’t throw these out with three of you guys wanting them. Now I need to learn how to close this deal since I’ve never done this here before.

Vintage man, I checked USPS and think we’re looking between $40 to 49. Not sure until I take it to my post office.

If that’s in your ballpark I’ll send today but how do I get your contact info and for you to get mine?

I see that this forum has a “conversation” feature. Is that what I use?

Wow I’m thrilled that I didn’t throw these out with three of you guys wanting them. Now I need to learn how to close this deal since I’ve never done this here before.

Vintage man, I checked USPS and think we’re looking between $40 to 49. Not sure until I take it to my post office.

If that’s in your ballpark I’ll send today but how do I get your contact info and for you to get mine?

Yes.

That's odd that Eaton's springs are that far off from your originals even at 1" lowering.
When I did my Mach 1, no A/C, the originals were still good and to spec at 15" free height, They too got reinstalled.

Thanks Slanglover for directing me to the “conversation” feature. I really didn’t know for sure what it was for.

Also I appreciate your comments on your spring height. During my suspension upgrade project I referred to your posts a lot for advice. You have a beautiful car! Thanks

Thanks Slanglover for directing me to the “conversation” feature. I really didn’t know for sure what it was for.

Also I appreciate your comments on your spring height. During my suspension upgrade project I referred to your posts a lot for advice. You have a beautiful car! Thanks
Thanks for your compliments, BUT I always say, "I'm a jack of all trades, but master of none". I do try to give information based solely on my own experience acquired over the last 14 years I've own my car and from the awesome members on this forum.

Reply sent via the conversation feature, thank you and I am looking forward to getting these.

Tom

I have two new Eaton Detroit Springs that I purchased for my 73 convertible two years ago. I finally got around to my total suspension upgrade recently and I didn't like the ride height. It was too low. So I cleaned up my old springs and reinstalled and am now totally happy with all my upgrades. Now my delima is what to do with these new springs. I came close today to just throwing them out today but then thought, first let me see if anyone wants them. All I ask is that you pay for the shipping and they are yours. I'm in Southwest Michigan.

Details of what I ordered: Eaton Detroit Springs number MC1238-1. I'm sure the -1 means one inch lowered because that was I ordered versus stock height. My mustang is the convertible body, with air conditioning and the 351C-4V.

These new (1 inch lowered springs) measure 15.25 inches in height. My old 49 year old springs were 16 7/8" in height so not sure why these new ones are over 1.5" shorter.

I'm learning a lot about my mustang from all your help and am really appreciating this forum.

Bob
If you still have these springs I would love to have them check on freight to North Carolina 27022 thanks rick

Back