front discs are hanging up.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
were the rotors turned on initial install? did you measure them to compare the dimaensions to stock?

One thing I saw recently on my neighbors Bronco was he replaced the calipers, but swapped left to right sides and couldn't get them bled properly.

If the calipers are correct and I'm assuming the pistons in them are also, then new pads should have fitted straight in after using a caliper expander tool. That's what is confusing me?
X2.

Pads should have been even a tad loose to the rotor when installed, even before adding fluid.

were the rotors turned on initial install? did you measure them to compare the dimaensions to stock?

One thing I saw recently on my neighbors Bronco was he replaced the calipers, but swapped left to right sides and couldn't get them bled properly.
The reason they didnt bleed properly is because the bleeder needs to face upward. If he had the left on the right and right on the left the bleeders would have been facing down ward.

maybe the rotor bearings are not in their correct position forcing the rotors outside the float limit?
Bearings were installed correctly

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's just the fronts and not the rears, I'd also look to the proportioning valve. I would think that pedal travel or seating issues with the MC/Booster would translate to the rears as well (although maybe not as noticeable, depending on if they're out of the adjustment or not). Sounds like the guys know what they're talking about though - and your advice about the Bronco calipers says you know quite a bit about the brake system as well.

I'm anxious to hear how you get this resolved, since I'm getting close to plumbing in my brakes from scratch. Initially, I'm going with a stock set-up, but will switch over to rear discs after everything's all broken in and I'm used to the car's characteristics.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
If the calipers are correct and I'm assuming the pistons in them are also, then new pads should have fitted straight in after using a caliper expander tool. That's what is confusing me?
X2.

Pads should have been even a tad loose to the rotor when installed, even before adding fluid.
X3

The big X factor here is the ebay kit and the red flag is having to cut the pads. I know it may be tough to hear but I would get some factory or quality aftermarket calipers and pads before I went any further.

Back