Front End Dress Up

Mustang Dynasty

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mustang Convertible Modified Spec White(ext) Black Pwr Tp/Int Frt Pwr Disc Brks 351 Clevelandw/Ram Air/2 BBL Manifold/Holly EFI & Hurst (wde ratio) 4-spd/429 or 351 Ford Toploader Trans/3.5 rear axle ratio Mach 1/racing mod suspension [email protected] sec Magnum 500 (frt 7" & rear 8") wheels modified w/71-73 accessories (all original mustang parts)
Finally installed the lower spoiler.

turtle5353

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Mustang
Looks good. How was the install?? I am going to be installing a lower spoiler on the 71 i'm working on. Just fit it in place and drill holes??

jbojo

VIP Members
Site Supporters
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1 Q code C6 tranny
Looks good. How was the install?? I am going to be installing a lower spoiler on the 71 i'm working on.  Just fit it in place and drill holes??
When I installed mine I had the front Valance off.  It was easy to align the spoiler and drill the holes with everything on a table.  I did all of this standing up rather than laying on my back trying to keep everything aligned and drilling the holes.

Edit:  I found a couple of pics when I did mine.  Used a couple of clamps to hold it in place and then drill the holes.  The valence is held on by about 8 screws so it is really easy to take off the car.

IMG_2395.JPG

IMG_2396.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

turtle5353

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Mustang
Looks good. How was the install?? I am going to be installing a lower spoiler on the 71 i'm working on.  Just fit it in place and drill holes??
When I installed mine I had the front Valance off.  It was easy to align the spoiler and drill the holes with everything on a table.  I did all of this standing up rather than laying on my back trying to keep everything aligned and drilling the holes.

Edit:  I found a couple of pics when I did mine.  Used a couple of clamps to hold it in place and then drill the holes.  The valence is held on by about 8 screws so it is really easy to take off the car.
Nice! Thanks for the hint! The car is completely disassembled so it shouldn't be a problem installing it on the bench. I wouldn't of thought of that!! :shootself:  Thanks for the input!! :goodpost:

Latest posts