Front Shocks for Mach 1 with 429 SCJ

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard of people running KYB Gas-A-Just on the front and KYB GR2/Excel on the rear. Supposedly the Gas-A-Just are too harsh in the rear over bumps? Just what I've heard.

I have heard of people running KYB Gas-A-Just on the front and KYB GR2/Excel on the rear. Supposedly the Gas-A-Just are too harsh in the rear over bumps? Just what I've heard.
I have the Gas-A-Just with new Moog Mach 1 front springs and new Eaton Detroit rear leaf springs will all new bushings, ball joints, and everything else. I have not noticed that the rear, or the front, is harsh over bumps. I usually drive modern performance cars, which have quite harsh suspensions, and the Mach 1 is much more softly sprung, than the modern muscle cars.

I've just ordered a set of KYB Excel G shocks for my 71 Mach 1. It may just be something on my car, but if I hit a large bump, I get a loud "Thunk" in the back with the KYB Gas-A-Just shocks currently on the car, which I (hate this word) 'assume' is the shocks. I have Eaton B351 rear leaf springs, which are quite a bit stiffer than stock. My plan is to change the back first and then the front. Shocks only control the rebound and not the load.

Back