front susp kits ?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 convertible with 351C and C6 trans
i would say i already know the answer but I'll ask anyways. i want to do a full replacement on the front this fall. a friend has a kit he got for his '65 or'66 falcon. he said he was told it fits up to '70 mustangs. just wondering if it will fit my '73 ??? doubt it but just to make sure. he has no use for it now.

I think the answer to your question is no. The 73 suspension parts are very different from the 65/66. I purchased my parts (I have a 73 with power steering) from Rock Auto and other folks. The Idler Arm is tricky; lots of co. sell them, but they’re not exactly the same as the stock one. Also, the pitman arm is quite expensive. And, the names you trusted in the past, like Moog, etc may no longer have the quality you remember.

As I remember, I did a very thought search of this forum before I purchased my parts, with excellent answer to my quality related questions. I like to use Google to search the site. While I’m no expert, I use Google, put the search terms I’m looking for, and then type 7173mustangs.com at the end of the search line. Works for me. Just my uninformed 2 cents.

Last edited:
i would say i already know the answer but I'll ask anyways. i want to do a full replacement on the front this fall. a friend has a kit he got for his '65 or'66 falcon. he said he was told it fits up to '70 mustangs. just wondering if it will fit my '73 ??? doubt it but just to make sure. he has no use for it now.
Bill,

Go with Global West Tubular Front suspension kit for a 71-73 Mustang. If you remember my buddy, John, well he has it in his Green 71 Mach 1, and I installed it in my 70 Mach 1. Neither of us had any installation issues or has any problems afterward. It is designed specifically for doing what is commonly called the 1" Shelby drop. They have a stock upper and lower control arm kit and a strut conversion kit.
20200306_152015.jpg

Last edited:
If you want stock replacement try P-S-T suspension…I bought thier kit and it went in just fine..new springs from NPD…

Wow that Global Kit looks nice!! if it works is good as it looks it’s a home runs.

Bill,

Go with Global West Tubular Front suspension kit for a 71-73 Mustang. If you remember my buddy, John, well he has it in his Green 71 Mach 1, and I installed it in my 70 Mach 1. Neither of us had any installation issues or has any problems afterward. It is designed specifically for doing what is commonly called the 1" Shelby drop. They have a stock upper and lower control arm kit and a strut conversion kit.
View attachment 77646

Back