Front turn signals missing 71 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Higgins56

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Fastback now with 503 CID 4 bolt block with AFR Bullit heads , Edelbrock Performer RPM AirGap intake and ProSystems carburettor 1050.
4 sp Toploader with 9" Wavetrac rear.
Caltracs and shocks at the rear.
after the  winter hibernation  I noticed that :

1. RH  front  turn signal does not lit up - all other lights are working 2. took the 4 amp  fuse ( dashboard lights etc.) away and  the  front RH  turn signal started to work but now the  front LH turn signal stopped working.3. put the fuse back - neither LH and RH front worked anymore. 4 lights at the back work all the time 5. emergency lights work but only at the back. 5.the  LH and RH  turn signal indicators  do not lit up (they both did before ).6. the dashboard lighting has not worked during this time.

It seems that all bulbs  are OK ...

I aked a freind and he said it sioubnds like  ground problem. My question: Where to check the  ground  contacts ? 

You should be able to probe the light socket and see if you have good ground. There are a couple ground connections on my 73 on the front of the radiator support up high. I clean all my grounds good and apply the electrical grease to prevent corrosion. I also clean the sockets and bulbs with steel wool and sand paper and also coat them with the electrical grease. Have done that for years on camper and trailer only way to keep them going. I am not good on electrical at all, lol.

Back