Frustration with Front end!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, Pete, any progress on your build?
Nada. Was given a 2 month lead time when I talked to the shop first week of February, and am still waiting. I followed up first week of April and I am still on the list, but I am assuming a couple of their projects are taking longer than expected so no room for me yet. I am getting anxious!

Well, keep us posted. I'm sure I'm not alone in waiting to read about you taking your first real drive in your Mach 1. Hang in there!
Will do!! my 4cyl limp down the street definitely doesn't count. Heading out of town for a couple weeks so hopefully when I get back I will have some good news waiting for me.

put your car in park or in gear, don't set the park brake, have someone (preferably a big dude or dudette) rock the car forward and back kinda violently while you watch the strut rod bushing area for movement. You shouldn't see any movement at all.
For anyone that reads this thread and wants to replace the strut rod bushings, just be forewarned that Ford had pressed an inner sleeve into the main sleeve and flared the ends to prevent the bushings from falling out on the assembly line. You can just drill out a small bit on one side to release the collar on the inner sleeve, it's pretty malleable and comes off quick. Then the bushings just pull apart and you can re-use the sleeves.
View attachment IMG_1753.mov

Attachments

• IMG_1751.jpeg
    IMG_1751.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1752.jpeg
    IMG_1752.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Back