Fuel line route in engine bay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 w/408C stroker
The stock fuel line is routed from the tank, along the driver's side of the floor and then turns into the engine bay front of the firewall, then a rubber hose right under the brake master cylinder, back to metal line exiting behind the shock tower and then it enters the engine bay again front of the shock tower. My question is why is the rubber hose loop under the master cylinder? Why not routed outside the engine bay until the front of the shock tower? I guess there has to be a reason that I am missing.

Where it enters the engine bay, under the proportioning valve, is where the line for the 6 cylinder engines takes off, running behind the engine. Running it that way just requires one long fuel line, from the tank to the engine bay, reducing the number of more expensive inventory items.

Where it enters the engine bay, under the proportioning valve, is where the line for the 6 cylinder engines takes off, running behind the engine. Running it that way just requires one long fuel line, from the tank to the engine bay, reducing the number of more expensive inventory items.
Thank you. That makes sense from Ford's perspective. From the non-concourse perspective it will then make sense to run it straight to the second entry point. I am about to purchase a SS fuel line and I was just thinking if it was worth it to modify it.

This is speculation on my part. My guess is possible tire contact at full left steering lock. Just a guess. Chuck

Back