Fuel system upgrade

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q code Mach 1
I have installed a RobbMc Fuel pump and regulator and am currently running lines to the 22 gallon fuel cell I put in.  I haven't been real active lately as I helped out my cousin and did a C-4 front suspension swap, gas tank relocate, AC install for his 56 Ford F 100 which turned into a drawn out process.  Finally I am back onto my own projects and spent time fixing up the mechanics on a 1996 F 250 I bought last fall.

Now onto the Mach 1

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4zVgVapVSW5G4o1Q6

I'll take a picture of the trunk mounted box and fuel cell tonight. and add them to the post.

So fuel system was a bit more challenging than anticipated, but it is done and the battery is relocated. Tuesday night I looked at my work and decided that the bulkhead fitting was just too close to the exhaust and rear tire, so I got up early and redid it yesterday when I relocated it to the front center of the tank and reran the lines to the front. I put a 90 Degree fitting in the extra hole and capped it with it pointing straight up.

Midlife helped me with an electrical issue and I'll put the seats back in tonight and be ready to test drive this weekend. When I get it on a lift and do some final finish work, I'll try and get some more pictures.

Then on to tuning this pig rich carb

Back