• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

gauging possible interest 1971 mach 1 m code

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

87fox72mach

Reaction score
My Car
1995 firebird rebuilt motor 5 spd dail driver
1987 grand wagoneer plow truck
1987 mustang lx 5.0 work custom engine bay and paint
1972 mach 1 project
hey guys, im just seeing what kind of interest is out there for one of my cars, i recently bought a 72 q code car that gives me a much more solid start for my situation, im a full time student so i wanted something i can restore quicker and drive around. so im just gauging interest on the car i was going to restore.

i bought the car off my good friends dad a year ago, who unfortuantely passed away a few weeks ago in a tragic car accident, the world lost a big ford and mustang enthusiast, he bought the car just for the ram air hood and wiring for his convertible as well as some other parts, the car has NO TITLE it was passsed from owner to owner, before he got the car it was obviously dragged since battery was moved to back etc, the car is not stolen i did all the title research and traced the last known owner to texas, last inspection was 1985 i know this from thre stickers on the car, so i did the research. car is now in pa by the way. i bought the car off him to restore and get a title etc, so for those of you who know in PA where i live getting a title is unbeliveably a pain in the A$$, i went got all the title history and was going to go forth with it before i got the car i have now. that being said i have a couple local buyers interested, but i wanted to see if anyone else is interested in the car.

the car needs work, needs floors, cowl repair a few small patches in trunk and under back seat, (i have full length floor pans, seat pans, and a good section of cowl for passenger side.) the car is solid, the drivers quarter was lightly bumped or pushed tearing the back corner a little( i have a quarter, and or a patch to fix this)the side was sanded down and got surface rusted, and has small dings, someone started body work on the car passenger side was done but i do see filler, no a huge amount but i sanded spots down since i was going to go to bare metal anyways and re do. The frame rails on this car are very SOLId, the engine bay is very solid with only a section rusted out of fender skirt under battery tray would go. THIS CAR IS WORTH SAVING ITS NOT A BASKET CASE BUT DOES NEED WORK, THE CAR HAS NO MOTOR OR TRANS, I MAY INCLUDE A 460 WITH THE CAR, CAR HAS NO RAM AIR HOOD BUT I DO HAVE ONE I MAY THROW IN FOR RIGHT PRICE, there is no original ram air setup, rear is just an 8.8 put in it to roll it, i have a9 inch that will go with the car. interior was mostly shot i have all the plastics but they r very rough, no wiring but once again i have stuff i would throw in for the right price,

if you have any interest and live in a state where obtaining a title is easy this would be a great car for you i have all the numbers dash, door, on the frame all match, buck tag was missing.

NOW FOR THE GOODIES

This is a 1971 mach 1 M code car

351-4v with c6

marti report-

factory air

FACTORY RAM AIR

fold down seat ( trapdoor and seat parts are there, but side panels metal, arent? i dont see any area that looks like some one removed them? its odd)

magnum 500 wheels (not there)

pb, ps, am/8 track,

tinted glass/ console, tach, convenience group

was the 76xx car off the line that year

i can go into a lot more info if you have interest please pm me and ill give you my cell number

car pic 3.jpg

car ppic 2.jpg

car pic 1.jpg

car pic 4.jpg

car pic 6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys, im just seeing what kind of interest is out there for one of my cars, i recently bought a 72 q code car that gives me a much more solid start for my situation, im a full time student so i wanted something i can restore quicker and drive around. so im just gauging interest on the car i was going to restore.

i bought the car off my good friends dad a year ago, who unfortuantely passed away a few weeks ago in a tragic car accident, the world lost a big ford and mustang enthusiast, he bought the car just for the ram air hood and wiring for his convertible as well as some other parts, the car has NO TITLE it was passsed from owner to owner, before he got the car it was obviously dragged since battery was moved to back etc, the car is not stolen i did all the title research and traced the last known owner to texas, last inspection was 1985 i know this from thre stickers on the car, so i did the research. car is now in pa by the way. i bought the car off him to restore and get a title etc, so for those of you who know in PA where i live getting a title is unbeliveably a pain in the A$$, i went got all the title history and was going to go forth with it before i got the car i have now. that being said i have a couple local buyers interested, but i wanted to see if anyone else is interested in the car.

the car needs work, needs floors, cowl repair a few small patches in trunk and under back seat, (i have full length floor pans, seat pans, and a good section of cowl for passenger side.) the car is solid, the drivers quarter was lightly bumped or pushed tearing the back corner a little( i have a quarter, and or a patch to fix this)the side was sanded down and got surface rusted, and has small dings, someone started body work on the car passenger side was done but i do see filler, no a huge amount but i sanded spots down since i was going to go to bare metal anyways and re do. The frame rails on this car are very SOLId, the engine bay is very solid with only a section rusted out of fender skirt under battery tray would go. THIS CAR IS WORTH SAVING ITS NOT A BASKET CASE BUT DOES NEED WORK, THE CAR HAS NO MOTOR OR TRANS, I MAY INCLUDE A 460 WITH THE CAR, CAR HAS NO RAM AIR HOOD BUT I DO HAVE ONE I MAY THROW IN FOR RIGHT PRICE, there is no original ram air setup, rear is just an 8.8 put in it to roll it, i have a9 inch that will go with the car. interior was mostly shot i have all the plastics but they r very rough, no wiring but once again i have stuff i would throw in for the right price,

if you have any interest and live in a state where obtaining a title is easy this would be a great car for you i have all the numbers dash, door, on the frame all match, buck tag was missing.

NOW FOR THE GOODIES

This is a 1971 mach 1 M code car

351-4v with c6

marti report-

factory air

FACTORY RAM AIR

fold down seat ( trapdoor and seat parts are there, but side panels metal, arent? i dont see any area that looks like some one removed them? its odd)

magnum 500 wheels (not there)

pb, ps, am/8 track,

tinted glass/ console, tach, convenience group

was the 76xx car off the line that year

i can go into a lot more info if you have interest please pm me and ill give you my cell number
I'll buy it right now.:D

When i figure out pictures ill put them on. Since i got my other car this one has been bumped outside i hate seeing it outside but im forced to keep it outside.

please disreguard various colors on the car, was originalyl blue and just painted spots that i sanded down a bit to protect the areas, I HAVE ALL NEW FULL LENGTH FLOOR PANS, EXCELLENT ORIGIANL SEATPANS FROM A FASTBACK, A COWL SECTION IN GOOD SHAPE FOR THE HAT ON PASSENGER SIDE. 2 QUARTERS + A PATCH OF A QUARTER (ONLY ONE QUARTER IS NEEDDED ON THIS CAR OR IT CAN BE FIXED WITH SOME EFFORT. FRAME RAILS ARE VERY SOLID NO ROT, TORQUE BOXES EXTREMELY SOLID, INNER QUARTERS EXTRMEMELY SOLID NO ROT.

no offers on this?? going up for sale locally soon!

any offfers this car was highly optioned and worth saving. depending on price offered i will include various parts ontop of the sheet metal already mentioned very good condition ram air hood etcc if you live in a state easy to get a title this is for you!

price depends on what you want included with the car, pm me we can talk or make an offer

Ok since I've been getting requests for a price I'm

Asking 1200 ob o for the Rollin shell , sheet metal to fix the car., and Marti report and what interior pieces I have fold down seat parts dash seats a c box and blower

Got better photos can email them upon request price lowered to 1100 hat e to part this one out since it had a lot of options !

Price drop 1k don't wanna see this sit! Need money for my next semester of school!

Price drop 1k don't wanna see this sit! Need money for my next semester of school!
How is the front clip of the car? From the firewall forward, including the frame rails and shock towers?

Frame rails and shock towers extremely solid no rot what so ever. Only rust is the spot mentioned on apron directly below battery where they typically rust

Will include ram air hood and I 460 motor for 1500

One more up for this car before i part it or save it for carlisle ford weekend

1000 dollar s gets the shell, sheet metal, dash fold down seat parts, disc brake setup still on car, two doors on the car and one passenger and two driver fenders seats blue in color out ofwa vert

One more up for this car before i part it or save it for carlisle ford weekend

1000 dollar s gets the shell, sheet metal, dash fold down seat parts, disc brake setup still on car, two doors on the car and one passenger and two driver fenders seats blue in color out ofwa vert
PM sent

Trying to get the marti uploaded

Will trade for a supercharger for a 5 0

20130217_110716.jpg

Car is pending sale car will be saved frm the scrap yard!!

Back