G'day from Australia

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All,

My first post....(hope I've done this right)

I recently collected my 71 Convertible M Code from the docks in Australia, having imported it from North California.  Having owned some interesting cars over the years, this is my first Mustang.  My daily drive is an SSV Redline Commodore with a stock 304kw LS3 Engine, but the new purchase is for cruising with the family. 

From what I can see, and the supporting Marti Report, this convertible is a reasonably rare beast, with the full M Code running gear; 351 4V, C6 and 9 inch, along with full factory Ram Air set-up.  Its got a great steering wheel design too.

First step is a complete brake overhaul and suspension rebuild (they are pretty strict over here before I can get it registered for the road).  Even though the body is in pretty good nick, next it is off to the paint shop for some minor rust repairs and a new coat of Grabber Green Metallic (love this colour), then a new white soft-top.

Can't wait to hit the road.  I'm stoked to have found this website and have been surfing it as often as I can, as you guys are all so knowledgeable about all things 71 to 73.  I will need to pick your brains over coming months....one question (maybe for another forum) when respraying, should I go stripes and bonnet (with 351 ram air decal) or not?

you guys seem to be shipping in as many mustangs as you're sending out blonde hair blue eyed actors. (Thanks for Margot Robbie BTW)

Howdy from Amsterdam, The Netherlands! Where abouts in Adelaide (SA) do you live? I used to live in Blair Athol and I do miss Adelaide some times. Loved going to Glenelg and Henley (esp the thai orchid resto).

That's a nice car, enjoy!

Hi Richard,

Nice purchase!

You will find all of the Members very helpful, they collectively have great knowledge.

I have been making contact with our Australian Members to find their locations.

At this point, you are the first Adelaide Member I am aware of - Welcome.

Mel

Howdy from Amsterdam, The Netherlands! Where abouts in Adelaide (SA) do you live? I used to live in Blair Athol and I do miss Adelaide some times. Loved going to Glenelg and Henley (esp the thai orchid resto).

Hi Vinnie,

Small world!  I'm in Prospect - the very next suburb to Blair Athol. My car was located in Placerville, and shipped out from San Francisco.  There are heaps of '66 Mustangs here, so my '71 is something different to the rest of the herd. I've never been to Amsterdam but it is on the list.

Hi Vinnie,

Small world!  I'm in Prospect - the very next suburb to Blair Athol. My car was located in Placerville, and shipped out from San Francisco.  There are heaps of '66 Mustangs here, so my '71 is something different to the rest of the herd. I've never been to Amsterdam but it is on the list.
That's around the corner! I lived opposite the St. Clements church, small world eh :)

I went to a show and shine in Adelaide once where someone parked a very inspiring '73 Mustang (see http://vincentmobile.blogspot.nl/search?q=show+and+shine), I can't remember exactly where this was though.

Anyway, pleased to meet you and if you ever do end up visiting Amsterdam, let me know!

Cheers!

Love the white interiors, but I might be prejudice. That green is a cool color too, but with the ram air it is outstanding. Welcome from New Mexico. Ed

gif upload 20mb

Hello and welcome Richard from Southwestern Indiana. Great looking car. Hope to see more pics after the paint job.

1goldcjmach

Back