God bless the independent business man

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 Q code 4 speed
1973 Chevelle 454 SS
2005 Magnum RT
2008 Colorado
This morning I found myself in a bind and took a stab in the dark giving OMS a call.. When Don answred I was shocked (just happened to catch him working at the shop) Now I'm sure you folks have seen me post once or twice for members to check out Don at OMS. I found out that he is an independent owner of the company with his wife and 2 boys (1 of them I'm sure I'm putting through college). That would explain why I've always recieved the service I've gotten from those 2. He spent about an hour with me helping me figure the best path forward and even pointed out some options that included his competition.

Ever tried to get Autozone or Advance or any other chain company for that matter to help you out after hours? Let alone tell you where to buy it if they don't have it? That folks is why I try to support the small business folks. Even if they are heavily anti Chevy. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, sounds like I'll be calling Don instead of doing Mustangsunlimited or CJPonyParts searches and then getting a part that either doesn't work or is slightly off.

-KR

I have been working with him throught the weekend to get parts ordered. He asks about parts that I did not even think of. Big parts people, usually only worry about the one part your asking about, without consideration of the entire project.

Back