Going through my recent acquisition...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Pastel Blue

The car has sat for long period of times... The Pacific Coast does not guarantee a rust free vehicle..., although the body and floors are perfect. Surface rust has hit the rear springs and axle pretty hard, think I will take those off and blast them, repaint and reinstall. Brakes need a good overhaul also. Original rear drums still in place. 

My goal with this car is to keep it original where possible, but with slight maintenance related improvements to keep it humming along nicely. The paint is 95% original to the car, looks like the rear trunk lid was repainted (exterior side) at some point in time.

6961A3DD-1B14-42E6-8C4F-ECBDBBCBE2C7.jpeg

Last edited:
That's a real beauty! I had a 73 Mach 1 in that same color scheme - one of my favorites. Did you have the Marti report for that car? Was it in Canada all of it's life? Does it have the metric speedometer?

That's a real beauty!  I had a 73 Mach 1 in that same color scheme - one of my favorites.  Did you have the Marti report for that car? Was it in Canada all of it's life?  Does it have the metric speedometer?
No Marti yet... I will order soon. It came with a clean build sheet. Top of my head; it came with the exterior decor option (chrome rocker panel trim, lower panel in argent paint, blacked out front grill), aluminum wheels, dual mirrors, full console, upgraded interior, “H” Code engine with C-6 trans 2:75 open rear end P/S and brakes.

This car was ordered new in Victoria, BC and spent its entire life there until I brought it to Ontario last week. Very original car, slowly looking at everything, checking #’s, paint marks, etc. 

Canada did not go metric till about ‘75, I believe, so imperial only on the speedometer

That's nice:) And avocado interior too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thx. Yes, one that did not get swapped out or painted over... I like it, different.

Before I bought mine I almost bought this one. It was in 100% perfect condition but they just wanted a bit too much for it at the time. If I recall $60k

5a784cd5158e7eecde7c4f9783e04938.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's an awesome car. the only problem i see is the garage is way to clean.. no i'm not jealous... ok i am..
Funny, someone brought that up when I first got my ‘71 pastel Blue vert a couple years ago... It sat in the same location and a lot of messy work was completed on that car. Sooo, I guess I clean up well!

Have you checked for build sheets yet...under carpet in passenger foot well & behind driver seat seem to be common locations.

The car has sat for long period of times... The Pacific Coast does not guarantee a rust free vehicle..., although the body and floors are perfect. Surface rust has hit the rear springs and axle pretty hard
I think those of us in the rust belt would still consider that "rust free"   :)

Have you checked for build sheets yet...under carpet in passenger foot well & behind driver seat seem to be common locations.
Yes Bill, it came with a very clean build sheet.

I have been tearing down the original front suspension... It was showing some wear and tear, mostly from sitting. The spring perch seat bushings were fraying and the original ball joints were showing their age. As I plan to use this car for my summer cruiser, dependability and safety are paramount. The calipers were original to the car and based on the date codes, were mfr'd within days of each other. I had them rebuilt at a good local shop. The front coil springs and stabilizer bar still retain their factory paint daub markings. 

Everything that I plan to reuse will be sent out for chemical dipping to remove the rust and then protected/painted before returning these items to the car. I will be starting the rear suspension removal next, this area was hard hit by poor storage and weather (rain) in the Victoria, BC coastal area. I will post some pics later...

1973 vert front calipers original rebuilt.jpg

1973 vert front calipers original rebuilt2.jpg

1973 vert front coil springs paint daubs.jpg

1973 vert front susupension disassembly7.jpg

Very nice acquisition. So, the 71 is going to be the show and the 73 is going to be the go. Looks like it will be a very nice fun car to enjoy. Somehow I am thinking a much larger garage may be in your future. I am sure it will be as clean as the current.

That's a real beauty!  I had a 73 Mach 1 in that same color scheme - one of my favorites.  Did you have the Marti report for that car? Was it in Canada all of it's life?  Does it have the metric speedometer?
No Marti yet... I will order soon. It came with a clean build sheet. Top of my head; it came with the exterior decor option (chrome rocker panel trim, lower panel in argent paint, blacked out front grill), aluminum wheels, dual mirrors, full console, upgraded interior, “H” Code engine with C-6 trans 2:75 open rear end P/S and brakes.

This car was ordered new in Victoria, BC and spent its entire life there until I brought it to Ontario last week. Very original car, slowly looking at everything, checking #’s, paint marks, etc. 

Canada did not go metric till about ‘75, I believe, so imperial only on the speedometer
Nice car!

My Marti also calls out the chrome rocker panel trim.  Is that the chrome that runs along the top of the lower body paint?

I believe you are referring to the larger (width) chrome trim pieces that sit at the very bottom of the rocker panels. The thin chrome trim on my car is part of the “decor” group option.

Back