Gold plated...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7173Vert

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Convertible, 1973 Hardtop
Would cost me $1687.50 Cdn$ to purchase these, Oh, + the $15 shipping fee to Buffalo. Yes, I try to keep my car's like factory, however, there is a limit to the madness. This would be a perfect example...Throw in a pair of rear NOS shocks if you can find them, looking at $3500.00 Cdn$ for 4 shock absorber's... 

This is why I will never have my car's judged at an MCA show... (obviously in the Trailer Concourse Class)... 

You need to have purchased an original car when most of us were 17-18 year's old in the late 70's-early 80's and maintain as factory from that point forward. To restore a car today to true factory... nope, not for me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1971-Mustang-Boss-351-429CJ-Autolite-front-shocks-D1ZF-18124-A-1EA-date/323902738464?hash=item4b6a1b9020:g:rIQAAOSwTPddbYzq

After seeing who is selling them, he must have them on a half-price sale. Hard to imagine him selling anything for that paltry sum :)
True dat...

I'm pretty sure he'd accept an offer of $1000.

LOL, Perkins is always fishing for a whale. I paid $18.00 for a pair of NOS two years ago on ebay. I do not know the date code but that is easy to fix. They were in the box. 

He got most of his parts by doing computer search using Fords parts locator system. This was back in the 80's. He just bought all the stock dealers had laying around. They sold cheap.

I bought all the NOS 1984 20th. Anniversary GT-350 stripes when they went out of stock. They were $22.00 a set I got 25 sets I think and I sell on ebay for $100. 

I got a pair of 351 heads with valves and springs at our local Ford dealer. The parts guy ask me if I was interested they had been in his way for 25 years. He let me have them for $20.00 for a pair. 

There were over 5,000 dealers so lots of parts use to be on the shelves not so today with fast shipping. 

I got a NOS 1950 Ford transmission in the crate for $80.00 once from local Ford dealer. They actually threw truck loads away when they moved to new location in 1972. Any of the old FoMoCo burgundy boxes went to the dump. I was pissed that he did not call me. Even had NOS Mustang seats that got tossed.

You just have to be in right place at right time.

Back