Good deal on a 1/2" cordless impact

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hemikiller

Staff member
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1
71 XR-7 hardtop
71 Country Squire
65 hardtop
I did the timing belt on my better-half's acura and sure could have used one of these. My 1/2" Chicago Pneumatics wouldn't budge the balancer bolt, but a lot of guys were saying these high torque cordless models would. They make a special high-inertia socket for just this application...the socket weighs 2-3 lbs and works in conjunction with the impact pulses to break it loose. I used a crazy jackstand/breaker bar/4 ft cheater pipe arrangement. Never seen a breaker bar bend that much without being damaged.

When I was doing the timing belt, I was talking to my old boss (from wrenching days) and he told me about the lifetime warranty on his Rigid impact & battery. Said you have to register online to get the warranty. Just wanted to mention that in case the lifetime warranty is still available.

The impact and circular saw arrived today. Did a quick test to knocking some rusty fasteners around, no issues. I'm in the middle of reorganizing my garage, so it'll be a bit before it sees any real use. Saw is a nice piece, has some neat features such as a blade depth scale and a ladder hook. I'm adding a car port to side of my garage this spring, so it'll get put through it's paces then.

When I was doing the timing belt, I was talking to my old boss (from wrenching days) and he told me about the lifetime warranty on his Rigid impact & battery. Said you have to register online to get the warranty. Just wanted to mention that in case the lifetime warranty is still available.

That's one of the reason I went this way, they're already registered. I've had good luck with Milwaukee's warranty service, hopefully Ridgid's is as good or better.

Also picked up the 3/8" impact and another battery for $99. I found a $50 HD gift card I had completely forgotten about, so I grabbed this combo.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-...-Ion-4-0-Ah-Battery-R87207B-AC87004/317434882

Back