Got a 71 Mach1 back in the family! It and I are very happy!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 58194Original owner of a green/silver 71 mach 1 ram air...so sad I sold it many years ago...but almost found its identical, but this time is white/black...glad to have a 71 Mach 1 back in our family!
Our stories are almost the same in my early 20’s I had a white 73 Mach 1 with black stripes. I got stupid one night and wrecked it , I loved that car. I’ve always wanted to replace that car but finances wouldn’t allow it. Now in my early 60’s I got my replacement, same car except this one is green with silver stripes. The first one was a Q code and the replacement is an H code, but at this junction in my life that doesn’t matter . I love the replacement as much as I loved the original
View attachment 245BBB10-7F54-4B4D-A6FF-1D1E10814FF0.MOV
View attachment 58194Original owner of a green/silver 71 mach 1 ram air...so sad I sold it many years ago...but almost found its identical, but this time is white/black...glad to have a 71 Mach 1 back in our family!
Welcome from west Michigan!
Our stories are almost the same, originally owned a white with black stripes 73 mack1 Q code. Replaced it later in life with a green with silver stripes H code. I’ve had many cars and pick ups in my life but that 73 was my favorite by far. At this junction in my life the difference between the Q and H code doesn’t matter. I love the replacement as much as I loved the first one.
View attachment 245BBB10-7F54-4B4D-A6FF-1D1E10814FF0.MOV

Attachments

• F5BA0EEE-7204-497E-A20A-920F1D014C6E.jpeg
    F5BA0EEE-7204-497E-A20A-920F1D014C6E.jpeg
    347.3 KB · Views: 1
Beautiful car!
I have a similar story, I also just joined this forum and I just bought my replacement Mach 1 but mine needs restoration. It will be a year or two before my car looks anything like yours. I am going to paint it white with black stripes so it will look very similar when it is complete

Back