Got her home!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteG41

Reaction score
My Car
351c 2v, FMX Transmission. Ordered from Sanderson Ford in Phoenix, 99k original miles.
After a couple weeks of scheduling problems, finally got my new 73 Mach 1 home. It had been sitting a little while in the man’s back yard, so spent a couple hours vacuuming and dusting the inside. Carpet is okay but the seats are shot, and the plastic trim in the rear is quite crispy. Got a list of things I need to do, so I’ll slowly chip away at that. Looks pretty good next to my 05!

Attachments

• 5E2E70BC-D074-4D98-8900-8361389109D8.jpeg
    5E2E70BC-D074-4D98-8900-8361389109D8.jpeg
    739.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 8AD06E9B-5285-4672-B488-56E9300A61E9.jpeg
    8AD06E9B-5285-4672-B488-56E9300A61E9.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 52
  • 9421D641-B8D3-48E0-82BD-BAA3CD5FF493.jpeg
    9421D641-B8D3-48E0-82BD-BAA3CD5FF493.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 52
Congratulations and welcome from NC! Looks like a great car to restore.

Congratulations and welcome from NC! Looks like a great car to restore.
Thank you! Definitely a great base to start from. Originally ordered in phx, never been licensed or registered out of state. Little rust problems behind the rear tires but nothing egregious. Still has the original plate from 73!

you too? :D

Looks like the beautiful lady found a great caring home!
Welcome from the northern Netherlands
hahaha the list part goes without saying, since it will never be done. Mainly need to knock some things out to get it road worthy. Exhaust leaks and tires. Then can address the front end. 99k original miles, but everything is pretty well worn out! Paint will be last, although I do kinda dig what's left of the original.

Welcome from Maryland , all we can do is love them and take care of them. We fix what we can when we can, remember she’s a different beast from the newer models. She’ll handle a lot different, that ass end will come around on you in a heartbeat. I’ve learned that lesson from experience, with that said enjoy and be careful.

Looks to be in fair shape. Hopefully not too many hidden issues. Good luck on your build.
Thank you! Ideally not too many, being an AZ car the rust is very minimal. Interior plastic is very crusty, but that what happens when you get 100 degrees every summer.

Welcome from Maryland , all we can do is love them and take care of them. We fix what we can when we can, remember she’s a different beast from the newer models. She’ll handle a lot different, that ass end will come around on you in a heartbeat. I’ve learned that lesson from experience, with that said enjoy and be careful.
Yessir! Way different than my 05 but thats why I love it. Going to be a little bit before I can drive her like shes supposed to be driven, but soon enough!

Congrats on the homecoming! Look forward to meeting you and seeing this beaut!
Absolutely! Ideally I will be able to take it to pavillions in the next month or so, just depends on how fast I want to drain the savings account to get it on the road.

I get you on the 05 vs 73... My 88 is a much better handling car (and maybe it's because I drove it for 235,000 miles) but the 72 is way more a cruiser and I'm even more cautious with it as she deserves pampering after limited road exposure for 50 years... in the 2 months I've racked up 2K (from a 18K starting point) shaking out the cobwebs and testing out new updates.

I get you on the 05 vs 73... My 88 is a much better handling car (and maybe it's because I drove it for 235,000 miles) but the 72 is way more a cruiser and I'm even more cautious with it as she deserves pampering after limited road exposure for 50 years... in the 2 months I've racked up 2K (from a 18K starting point) shaking out the cobwebs and testing out new updates.
Yeah I have a list of things I need to do before I take it out on the road! Definite exhaust leak, and the tires are way dry rotted from sitting. It has 99k original miles, but the front end parts are definitely just worn out overall and need to be replaced. But can't do any of that yet!

Back