• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Got the 72 Q cod CJ vert into the work area.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Hey guys and gals,

I got my 1972 Q code CJ Vert over into the work area and was going to put on rotisserie. Was washing off the dust and when in the trunk realized the PO had did a lap joint when he put patch on the Left quarter. He had put full quarter on the R.H. side so no joint.

I WTB NOS Ford Full Left Hand Quarter Panel for 1972 convertible can be 73 and weld the holes up.

He also did what I consider a shoddy job on the floor pans so I am going to cut them back out and do them over. I guess Dynacorn is about only choice there. If anyone has a floor that they are not going to use let me know or I will just order a new one. Do they make full pan or only patch panels?

That sucks I wanted to start paint next month but that will never happen.

The car was dip stripped, resealed, phosphated, epoxy primer and was back to rolling chassis. I will pull the dash back out and look at the cowl also.

Same with the built engine that came with car. I do not trust so found another standard 351 C 4 bolt 1972 block to start over on that also.

I do have lots of Mustang parts so maybe we can do some trading. I have NOS 1965 Mustang door panels in the box. Also all of the chrome trim and NOS Ford trunk mats. Have some NOS 71 - 73 parts and some used parts. Complete set up to convert to manual transmission from 351 block to axle.

Thanks,

David

Last edited by a moderator:
David If you are looking for a driver's side OEM quarter I may be able to help. I believe it's a service replacement panel as it has the opening for the 73 filler. I didn't use it as the drivers quarter panel was already replaced at some time in the past. I'll try to get some pics.

Back