Got the new Intro wheels in and on

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 restored in the original light pewter metallic with TMI interior and custom stereo from Pacific Car Audio
Well we got our tires and wheels this morning and we just got them on. Here is a picture

513rs4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awww, yeah!! ::thumb::

I don't normally like big hoops, but THOSE... those are exceptional.

Nice choice!

Really happy with the fit, I was worried when I saw those rears. 18" x 8" with 4 1/2" backspace front and 18" x 10" with 5 1/4" for the rear. For tires we have Falken FK453 Front - 245 / 40 Rear - 285 / 35

Nicee I likee...Running 18's on mine too-- Same size tires But I have mine tucked in a tad more 18X9.5 rear 18x8.5 front. Yep makes it handle like its on rails..Huge improvement

Wow! Looking hawt!!!.

I'm running the same tire sizes only my front rims are 18x9s which is a little too wide for the tires. Your 18x8 are a much better choice.

You know, I typically hate big wheels/low profile tires on muscle cars, and if you showed me a picture of those not on the car I'd think you were crazy, but on the car they look great. I've debated what I'm going to do with mine, I gave in when I wanted something that would handle on my TA and went with 265/40-17 on the front and 305/35-18 on the back...

Do you have more pics?

What wheels are those?

The 0 offset on the front doesn't surprise me, but the +6mm on the back does.

The 25.x" tall tire on the back surprises me also I would have thought something more like a 26.5-27.5, 305/35 or 285 or 295/40 would have fit better... but I can't argue with the pics. Is there room for a taller tire in the back and a wider tire in both the front and the back? If you'd have to move the wheel in or out which way? (I've been trying to collect what fits on these cars and I've been surprised to find that most people don't know what offset/backspacing they ended up with,so you having actual numbers is helpful)

Awww, yeah!! ::thumb::

I don't normally like big hoops, but THOSE... those are exceptional.

Nice choice!
I'm more "old school" as well (when it comes to certain classic muscle cars), which is one reason I don't go all gaga over the "Foose-ified" style cars anymore... but I have to admit I like this look. I've only seen a handful of our cars with large diameter rims that I realy like - they have to be the 'right' wheels, in my eye. It probably also helps that mine is also pewter & black, so visualizing my own with a similar set-up is much easier. I think I have a back-up plan now if/when 15" tires vanish altogether (they're going quick).

This looks awesome, excellent choice! ::thumb::

Do you have more pics?

What wheels are those?

The 0 offset on the front doesn't surprise me, but the +6mm on the back does.

The 25.x" tall tire on the back surprises me also I would have thought something more like a 26.5-27.5, 305/35 or 285 or 295/40 would have fit better... but I can't argue with the pics. Is there room for a taller tire in the back and a wider tire in both the front and the back? If you'd have to move the wheel in or out which way? (I've been trying to collect what fits on these cars and I've been surprised to find that most people don't know what offset/backspacing they ended up with,so you having actual numbers is helpful)
We will get more pics taken and posted but right now trying to get her ready for the Good-Guys show which starts tomorrow and happens to be less than 5 miles from our home

The wheels are ID321 from Intro Wheels

We also thought about 27" or so on the rear but these were in stock and we can always get a lower rear end so we can burn these off and go taller. The 3.0 rear end does not let us light these up but sure is nice for driving

Yes, you could go a little taller or wider in the back but not sure if both. Right now we like the way the outside edge lines up. Will have to measure to be sure but I think there is about 1 1/2" left inbound before you would hit the sway bar end. Not sure we would want to go taller or wider up front but we will get a better look after the weekend. I think the offset we went with looks great but we will get a better evaluation after we get to drive it more. Went for a quick drive yesterday and it feels amazing

Of course I will be the odd man out, and right up front, I say honestly I mean absolutely no disrespect. You have such a beautiful classic looking car, but the Wheel size, to me, makes it look like a Hot Wheels racer. The whole 70s vibe is gone. But, that's what is great about life, to each their own.

Of course I will be the odd man out, and right up front, I say honestly I mean absolutely no disrespect. You have such a beautiful classic looking car, but the Wheel size, to me, makes it look like a Hot Wheels racer. The whole 70s vibe is gone. But, that's what is great about life, to each their own.
No disrespect taken, we fully understand your point. There are many Light Pewter Metallic Machs and we think they look great. The original plan was to go with 17" or 18" Magnums to keep that old school look but still pick up the improved handling that the 18" and lower profile tires provide. We decided we wanted a bit more of a custom look and these certainly fit that bill

Besides, we like Hot Wheels!

It only takes five nuts per wheel and they can look like original again

No disrespect taken, we fully understand your point. There are many Light Pewter Metallic Machs and we think they look great. The original plan was to go with 17" or 18" Magnums to keep that old school look but still pick up the improved handling that the 18" and lower profile tires provide. We decided we wanted a bit more of a custom look and these certainly fit that bill

Besides, we like Hot Wheels!

It only takes five nuts per wheel and they can look like original again
You definitely achieved the more "custom" type look, And I bet it does handle great....I like Hot Wheels too !

Back