Got the new tags in today

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfdavid

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
400, race cam, pistons, rocker arms, ignition, heck, basically everything is race modified
While I had an original 1929 Louisiana tag on my Model A, I didn't necessarily want a 71 tag on my Mustang. Somehow, this tag was available when I registered the car, so I snagged it up!

3DF194BC.jpg

Thats pretty cool! Whats the extra cost in Louisana to get a vanity tag? Here in Maryland its an extra $40 a year!

Here for antique it is just a 1 time cost. Vanity plates are $25/year. But, since I have an antique tag and do not have to get an inspection sticker, it is almost a wash

Here for antique it is just a 1 time cost. Vanity plates are $25/year. But, since I have an antique tag and do not have to get an inspection sticker, it is almost a wash
oops didnt see the antique on the bottom. Thought it was just a regular tag! Im getting Historic or Hot Rod tags for mine. Gotta find out what the difference is. I do know no inspection is required though and insurance is dirt cheap!

oops didnt see the antique on the bottom. Thought it was just a regular tag! Im getting Historic or Hot Rod tags for mine. Gotta find out what the difference is. I do know no inspection is required though and insurance is dirt cheap!
Generally, historic tags require a notorized statement stating that the car has been restored to its original condition. You also don't need inspection stickers (if older than 35 years in Louisiana). Hot rod you might need to still get them bc the car is not original, but not sure.

Here in au the club plates (CH****, stands for club historic) were cheap to register and so was insurance because you can only legally drive them on official club sanctioned runs (which wasn't that many, hence the price), but now they've become alot more attractive with the new laws. You can drive your car on any 90 days of the year as long as you keep a constantly updated log book everytime you take it out. I believe it is also easier to register a modified car under this scheme than trying to get full registration.

(full rego is nearly $700/yr here in Victoria!)

While I had an original 1929 Louisiana tag on my Model A, I didn't necessarily want a 71 tag on my Mustang. Somehow, this tag was available when I registered the car, so I snagged it up!

3DF194BC.jpg
That was a lucky find to get that one.

In Virginia you pay a one time fee of $10 to make the personalized plate, then only $10 a year after that to keep the personalized plate. If you get antique plates here there are a lot of restrictions on the use of the car so I'm keeping my OLE PONY plates.

22.50 obe time fee for classic or antique plates here in PA.

We cant personalize them though. Only regular plates.

Nice score! I like that your plates are still stamped lettering. Here they are screened onto a flat plate. :dodgy:

We have vintage plates but too many restrictions on them. :mad:

Back