Grabber Lime Restoration - Update - Brake/Fuel Lines

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I could come up there.  That Green Machine is one of my Dream Rides as well.  It is going to be fantastic when he is done with it.

I had a feeling it was Cast Blast.  Do you use the Eastwood Stuff?

I was also curious about your fasteners.  Are you using mostly new Fasteners on everything or are you re-plating the original bolts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've said it before, you're building MY dream car!. Now, if only those lotto numbers would come up, I'd be there, check book in hand.

I can't wait to see it completed and actually, I'd love to come there and see it personally.

Great work.

Geoff.
If your ever in town, please come stop by and visit the garage.   There are plenty of Mustangs/Shelbys to come see.
 I'd definitely love to do that. Probably won't be for a month or two though. Unfortunately I won't have my check book with me...…. unless!!!!

Thanks for the invite,

Geoff.
Looking is always free!!!!

I wish I could come up there.  That Green Machine is one of my Dream Rides as well.  It is going to be fantastic when he is done with it.

I had a feeling it was Cast Blast.  Do you use the Eastwood Stuff?

I was also curious about your fasteners.  Are you using mostly new Fasteners on everything or are you re-plating the original bolts?
I don't use Eastwood products, but do use specific colored paint (interiors) from the Mustang warehouses.  Satin black I use from O'Reilly's as that seems to be the perfect color (they call it semi-gloss black).  Engine blue is #224 from Duplicolor, Argent is from Mustang warehouses.  Fasteners I am using a combination of new and originals.  I also try and use originals if I can as sometimes the new ones are not exact.  Originals are beadblasted and painted if they are not really nice to begin with.  Even the new ones will discolor over time.  Sometimes you have to mix and match to get the right sheen such as on the tie rods, etc.  Those were a dark machined finish from the factory, so I used semi-gloss to start and then lightly sprayed flat around it to get it to the color I wanted.  Not perfect, but good enough to drive and enjoy it!

Im thinking about getting some plating stuff for this car when I get to the tear down page. I want to do some electrolytic cleaning and black oxide plating on the original bolts using the Caswell Plating kit. Then I wont have to paint the bolts. Then If I have to use new hardware I want to give it the Black Oxide treatment as well so it all matches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back