Grabber Lime Update - Rear Suspension/Axle

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

Motorcity Mustang

Motorcity Mustang
Reaction score
My Car
1971 429 CJs: Grabber Lime, Grabber Blue, White, Dark Green Metallic (2), Pewter, Red Convertible 1972: Sprints (3), 1973: Pink Convertible (2)
Has been quite a while since the last post, so wanted to share the latest progress on the build.   Had new leaf springs built from Eaton Spring and they used my original lower leaf since it had the part numbers on it.  Detailed and installed the 9" differential into the axle housing.  Installed new brake lines and put in new rear brake hardware.   Bought the emergency brake hardware and will be installing that next.   Then will add drums/wheels and tires and lower the car down to torque the rear suspension correctly.   

Currently waiting for the engine to return from the machine shop, but did just get the transmission back from the rebuilder.   Will finish the front suspension and then install the powertrain and fire it up!

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

Kilgon

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
71 Sportsroof Bright Red.

Your hard work is definitely showing.  Going to be one extremely nice looking car when done.

rio1856

Drive it like you stole it!!!
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q code 351CJ 4Spd Toploader 9" rear end
Awesome job Mike. It's looking very sharp!!!

Trevynd

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
429CJ, 4 Speed, 3.25 Traction Lock N case, A/C, P/W, tilt, fold down seats, int. wipers, deluxe interior.
No surprise on how great it looks. Your restoration is something of quality I hope to achieve someday. Won’t be with my current one though haha! Good timing as I’m about to do my brake lines on the rear as well. Super excited to see this project continue!

timachone

I love my nostrils!
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Ford Mustang Mach 1 T5 Q-Code 4-Speed
DAMN! 

You have beaten me on the rear axle install  :biggrin:

Mine is still waiting for uplift under the car - had to install all the hard lines first... 

Your installation looks awesome with great attention to detail! 

Looking forward to the next update  :thumb: