Grande Pics

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fabrice, I'm a old study on taking old beat bikes and making them into nice racing bikes..

So this will be a fun project for me.. thanks for sharing your thought s and pics!

Hey all you Grandé owners.. 

Post up some pics!... Lets show some Grandé love!

Very nice! 

Could you add some picts of the "thunderbirdy" round window? Especially from the inside?

Seen one for real only once many years ago and learn only last year over here that it was not something custom made...

Hey all you Grandé owners.. 

Post up some pics!... Lets show some Grandé love!

Very nice! 

Could you add some picts of the "thunderbirdy" round window? Especially from the inside?

Seen one for real only once many years ago and learn only last year over here that it was not something custom made...

Not a grande, but it is a coupe. Still in progress, but that is the fun.
1b6c57eba8bd0961e9378cc25f5642bb.jpg

08851567f6f7b123a235a961e0afe1a1.jpg

5d20e06284943f361e6a2de09cb1912a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well this is mine, I picked her up from a member here in Western Australia.

Looking forward to learning lots and tinkering along the way.

So Cool!

I've learned that most everybody quickly recognizes a 71-73 Fastback, but you usually get a double take from them when you pull up in a 71-73 coupe. I even had an older guy compliment my car once and stated that's he's not sure if he's seen a 72 "coupe" before. Said he loved the look.

I think that sometimes seeing a car at just the right angle, in just the right setting, and maybe even just the right light, can create an everlasting impression. Our brains are trained to see the badness of a Mustang fastback, but the perceived compactness of a coupe makes your eye's and brain to have a fresh look.

It will always be with me:

It was right around 1978-1979, I was a "new" teenager, on the school bus at the High School dropping off the older kids, before we headed to the Jr High.

I just turned my head to scan the parking lot, and there set a 69 Mustang. It was back far enough that I had almost an eye level view of it, but with it's prowler stance and those aggressive looking headlights I couldn't peel my eyes off of it. It wasn't even shining or glimmering, but it just looked BAD!

And then later when I was 15, it was in the middle of summer, and me and a buddy were out in the country here in Ohio, travelling to the next town up the road. ( he had his license and an old Toyota). We came across this young guy in a sweet 68 fastback, pulled over with an guising radiator. We pulled over to help. Got his car cooled down and a water refill and enjoyed some friendly car gab. Once complete, he got it fired up and on his way. In that passing moment, I found my obsessive eyes stuck staring at that rear taillight panel.

39 years later, and I can close my eyes and see it just like it happened yesterday.

Well this is mine, I picked her up from a member here in Western Australia.

Looking forward to learning lots and tinkering along the way.

I have the same year, same colors in and out, but mine has the antennae delete option thanks to someone snapping it off when I wasn’t looking.

This started off as a 302 2V - 3 Speed Grande

Original Color, but now a BBF, C6, 4:11 Traction Lok

472 CID (429 + 460 Crank + .060 bore), Edelbrock Performer RPM Cam, Intake, 850CFM Holley

~BT
I digsick power and rod endstrut tower bits of kit.

I can hear my g60 Bias Ply tires hitting the seams in road and it went in my hands and early carpal tunnel.120+

Back