Grave Yard Carz

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 "Q" code Mach 1
Lately I have been watching a lot of the TV show Grave Yard Carz. It's very interesting to see all the various models and options that could be had in Mopar muscle cars.
The tools & equipment Worman and crew get use makes me salivate with envy. Which brings the question: Who would be considered on par with Worman's shop when it comes to restoring/rehabbing Ford muscle cars? Specifically ones from the sixties and early seventies.

I consider the Worman crew to be top notch. I think Dave Kindig's crew is at the top...as far as the shops on TV go. They have a ton of talent and all sorts of tools at their disposal....laser scanners, 3-d printers, I've seen them have parts cast, they frequently will CNC custom parts, not to mention all the hand fabbed sheet metal parts. I think Chip Foose and his crew are also high on that list....I'm not crazy about some of Kindig's or Foose's customizations, but the quality of the work is great.

Yes, cubic money buys cool and expensive tools. The two I mentioned have done several cars for Craig Jackson, you may have heard of him. Chuck

show is good except for the silly singing, dancing and other "acts". That is why for those kind of shows I always liked FANTOMWORKS. No silly stuff
Yeah, I could do without the Worman's antics. I wonder what he's like in real life. I missed an opportunity to visit his shop last summer...wasn't comfortable with just showing up to look around.

I have a little different take on Fantomworks. The owner's constant whining is a turnoff, but he does seem to be more realistic? There was an episode featuring a Met-Pewter 71 Mach 1 where something flaky was depicted after the kid put trans/engine together w/o properly seating the converter and ruined the front pump.

My favorite shows are Engine Masters and Roadkill Garage. Garage Squad is alright except for the ford hating and when they work on dragsters and the like.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back