great to find ya'll

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scvol

Reaction score
My Car
1972 mach 1 351C
I am in the process of restoring my 1972 mach 1. My first car ever was a 73 mach 1 so I am partial to the 71-73 body style mach 1's. I found this one a couple years back and have been slowly restoring it for a daily driver. It was sold in Charlotte and has been a Carolina car ever since. Still has all original floorpans and glass with the exeption of the front windshield. Has the original 351C block, I switch 2v heads to 4v heads. I have completed the interior restoration and I am on the home stretch of re-installing the motor after having it rebuilt, balanced, and blue printed. I am in the process of doing an FMX to C6 swap that is giving me some linkage issues hence me finding ya'll. Regardless, I am glad I found ya'll and will visit often. I will post my transmission issue in the proper forum and look forward to any knowledge I can give or receive. I will also post some pics of my mach.

I am in the process of restoring my 1972 mach 1. My first car ever was a 73 mach 1 so I am partial to the 71-73 body style mach 1's. I found this one a couple years back and have been slowly restoring it for a daily driver. It was sold in Charlotte and has been a Carolina car ever since. Still has all original floorpans and glass with the exeption of the front windshield. Has the original 351C block, I switch 2v heads to 4v heads. I have completed the interior restoration and I am on the home stretch of re-installing the motor after having it rebuilt, balanced, and blue printed. I am in the process of doing an FMX to C6 swap that is giving me some linkage issues hence me finding ya'll. Regardless, I am glad I found ya'll and will visit often. I will post my transmission issue in the proper forum and look forward to any knowledge I can give or receive. I will also post some pics of my mach.
Welcome SCVOL,

Glad to have you along for the ride with the rest of us. No doubt but that others have been through your issues and will be able to help out. Again - welcome.

Glad you joined. But as we do with all new members, I am legally obliged to add this smiley

:worthlesswithoutpics:

Welcome and I'm sure you will enjoy your time here.

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

Welcome to the site from Virginia. To echo others here, if the question and answer is not already posted there are plenty here that will help research and discuss.

Welcome to the site! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! Ditto on posting pics and explaining vol.

::welcome:: Where are you in SC and explain the Vol part
I am in Chapin, SC right outside of Columbia. I grew up and lived in TN for 22 years before moving to SC so my blood runs orange. I can work on cars but when it comes to computers I am technically disadvantaged, so as soon as I can, I will post some pics of my progress so far. Thanks for the welcome! This is really a great site. I can't believe I just now found ya'll. I spent about and hour last night just looking at the classifieds for sale section at that 71 mach 1 for sale and all the other restorations he did. That guy can paint. Wish I knew someone around here that can paint that good. I unfortunatly already wasted money having mine painted once and am going to have it repainted after finishing the motor/trans. swap and have it done right. I can't stand having a 20 ft. paint job, looks good from 20 ft., but closer you get to it the higher my blood pressure rises.

Last edited by a moderator:
::welcome:: Where are you in SC and explain the Vol part
I am in Chapin, SC right outside of Columbia. I grew up and lived in TN for 22 years before moving to SC so my blood runs orange. I can work on cars but when it comes to computers I am technically disadvantaged, so as soon as I can, I will post some pics of my progress so far. Thanks for the welcome! This is really a great site. I can't believe I just now found ya'll. I spent about and hour last night just looking at the classifieds for sale section at that 71 mach 1 for sale and all the other restorations he did. That guy can paint. Wish I knew someone around here that can paint that good. I unfortunatly already wasted money having mine painted once and am going to have it repainted after finishing the motor/trans. swap and have it done right. I can't stand having a 20 ft. paint job, looks good from 20 ft., but closer you get to it the higher my blood pressure rises.
HMMMM I was stationed at Shaw AFB in Sumter, and live now in Knoxville Tn. Actually was born here so just back home now. I will be in Columbia in about a month for one night. Just passing through on the way to MB.

WELCOME aboard!

Sounds as if you have already been deep into your project. I am sure that you will bring a lot of positives to the Site based on your personal experiences.

Again Welcome and I look forward to interacting with you on the Forums.

BT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back