Green paint colour ID...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mickus,

If you could track down the owner and ask where the color was sourced from, you would have a fighting chance of nailing that color you see on that car.

But in reality, it could be any color under the sun. It could have been custom mixed, or maybe made to a particular formula from a color swatch or car company stock color. There are many possibilities at stake. It does look like Mustang 1972 Color Ivy Glow, but you can't be sure.

http://mustangattitude.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?type=sample&ditzler=2362&syear=1973&smanuf=Ford&smodel=Mustang&sname=Ivy%20Glow&name=1973_00029_01&scomm=

https://www.google.com/search?site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1920&bih=943&q=ford+mustang+color+ivy+glow&oq=ford+mustang+color+ivy+glow&gs_l=img.12...1774.12368.0.15075.27.14.0.13.6.0.236.2282.0j3j8.11.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..11.16.2115.W6mUDB8wo_k

Sometimes, keen folks have been known to print out a large photo of that car, and present it to a body shop where the spray painter can eye match that color as it presents in the photo.

BTW - What part of Australia do you call home, if you don't mind me asking?

Best of luck,

Greg.:)

That appears to be Ivy Glow, code 4C. If not, it's close. Pictures can be deceiving though.

Hey Greg,

I was sorta hoping that by posting the pic someone would go "Hey, that's mine and the colour is _______", nevertheless, you have narrowed it down for me.

I went into my local automotive paint supplier today and we started with 72 Ivy Glow. He is going to spray half a dozen boards up for me including a 75 Emerald Fire P that I saw on a XB, not too dissimilar to this:

XB Emerald Fire.jpg

I've also been inspired by jorgem2:

mustangnight010.jpg

The guys will also Frankenstein a green based on the original pic I posted that started my green fetish.

I'm in Perth, if you're ever West look me up!

Thanks PADave and clevelandcoupe for your input and Lars for the encouragement.

Cheers...

...Mickus

Hey Greg,

I was sorta hoping that by posting the pic someone would go "Hey, that's mine and the colour is _______", nevertheless, you have narrowed it down for me.

I went into my local automotive paint supplier today and we started with 72 Ivy Glow. He is going to spray half a dozen boards up for me including a 75 Emerald Fire P that I saw on a XB, not too dissimilar to this:

I've also been inspired by jorgem2:

The guys will also Frankenstein a green based on the original pic I posted that started my green fetish.

I'm in Perth, if you're ever West look me up!

Thanks PADave and clevelandcoupe for your input and Lars for the encouragement.

Cheers...

...Mickus
Thanks Mickus,

I hope you eventually settle on a color you really like. Good to see some Forum representation from the west coast.

Cheers,

Nice Sherlocking Hemikiller, I tried Google Image Search but came up with nada! You have a magic touch!

I've sent a message to Erik via FB and will try to refine the colour code.

Thanks again,

...Mickus

PPG Moss Green Metallic

http://www.hotrod.com/cars/featured/0704phr-1971-ford-boss-mustang/

Google image search is your friend!

My favorite green for a Mustang is te '69 color Black Jade, code C

Hey Dennis,

That's first class detective work there Sir! Looks like you nailed it.::thumb::

It's amazing what the Net has to offer these days, and how it's changing the world in which we live.

Cheers,

Back