Greetings from California

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tizzdizz

Reaction score
My Car
73 mustang, 250 I6, 3sp on the floor, needs total resto
Hi folks,

I found this site just futzing around thinking about my poor poor 73 coupe, sitting at my parents place for almost 15 years.

Long story short, I bought it, brought it with me to college where it blew a head gasket. Poor student me couldn't afford to fix it, so my parents loaned me money for a more responsible and reliable car ('93 Saturn Sedan) and took the mustang in trade with the intention of selling it to recoup some of the costs.

Time went on and it never went anywhere, and every few years I get the idea that maybe I could make it drivable again. Then I go visit it at my folks' place and get discouraged.

Hoping to move into a place with a garage sometime in the next year, so hopefully I can convince my parents and my wife to let me park it there while I make it somewhat presentable again.

The car is nothing special. I've actually hated the color since I bought it, but it was cheap (towed, impounded, owner never picked it up) and I wanted an old car so I grabbed it.

its a 1973 coupe, 250 I6 with a 3 speed on the floor. Here's a quick video I made a while back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAOocyCPtyE&feature=share&list=PL91F7000B12C90E89&index=2

Welcome from Arkansas

cool video including the rats nest...lol...hope to see it running soon

Last edited by a moderator:
One rat power and it escaped! Too bad.

I kind of like the car. I like the yellow and black.

Welcome from coastal Alabama!

Welcome to the site. I'm sure you will find a lot of inspiration here. A lot of 7173's have been brought back that looked a lot worse than that. The I6 should be easy to get running. The racing mirrors are a nice option.

Thanks guys! I'm not even close to starting a resto, but just finding this site has already given me lots of ideas. I'm really happy to have found a forum just for the big mustangs. Always been one for the less common/popular cars. Cheers!

I found a couple pictures from a while back. I do feel guilty about the state she's in, but her days aren't over yet!

Welcome from Oklahoma.

I am with Don on the colors. Yellow/black is an impressive combo. The (black) vinyl top looks great on that bodystyle as well.

The factory 6 cylinder cars are becoming neat to see. So many have been cannibalized or just crushed. I like to see them. Since your car has personal history, it will make you a fun project!

Ray

Welcome from central Wa. Looks like a fun project and i think you will find inspiration on this site.

Welcome from West Virginia!

::welcome:: from Brisbane, Australia.

Wow! Now that's what i call a real adventure!:)

Best of luck with the whole thing.Tip - keep an eye on how much you spend restoring her - it does get away from you. Did you have a maxi price on what you want to sink into the car?

Greg.:)

Hey Luke Skywalker, not too late to make it run again, hope you will spend some time on this car.

We can see next to this Grandé a Célica, I had 4 of those when I was younger, one of them was a GT2000, a great car.

Welcome here.

Looks as if you are more or less lucky with that one. Rust doesn't look too bad; taillight panel may need replacement. I don't see any rear window corner rot, though given where it is stored and the dead tree remains piling around it, I wouldn't be entirely sure (and if you pull the trim, it'll be a different story).

The faster you can get it off of dirt and onto concrete, the better. I'd be a bit concerned about the floorpans.

Heck, I've been considering a '72 351C 4-speed car in similar - if not worse - shape as a "solid" project car.

-Kurt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back