Greetings from Downunder

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stewart

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang convertible. 460 with C6 auto
1965 Falcon Hardtop. 221 2V 350 Holley with Supra 5 speed box
Hello everyone and thanks for allowing me to join. I'm new to the Mustang scene, although I do also have a 1965 Falcon hardtop...

My mustang is a 1972 convertible running a 460 and C6 transmission. It was restored in the 1990s from what I can find out. I started with a plan to tidy up some of the interior and now have the whole dash out and am finding all kinds of interesting things that need attention. 

This is a RHD car and some corners appear to have been 'shaved' in the process...

I'm am going to convert the 3 centre guages to 52mm VDO units as the factory ones don't work. I've ground the bezels so they now face straight back and not to the left, which will be good. The dash wiring will get a tidy as well as a new ignition switch and set of barrels and keys, plus a new steering wheel...

Needless to say, she went like a scalded cat before I started down this road, and this is going to take a little longer than expected, in best restoration takes!

Stewart

IMG_20201219_175228261.jpg

Welcome from League City in the Lone Star State!  Hope you get all you want out of this gem!  Keep up the good work!

Welcome from MO. The collective knowledge of those on this forum is amazing and they are eager to share and help.

Hello and a warm welcome from SW Ontario, Canada. 

These cars were never meant to be RHD, so that alone must have been quite a job for 'somebody'. I think we'd love to see some detail pics of that little conversion.

All the best with it and enjoy the journey.

Geoff.

Welcome from a fellow vert owner in NC, USA!

Hello everyone and thanks for allowing me to join. I'm new to the Mustang scene, although I do also have a 1965 Falcon hardtop...

My mustang is a 1972 convertible running a 460 and C6 transmission. It was restored in the 1990s from what I can find out. I started with a plan to tidy up some of the interior and now have the whole dash out and am finding all kinds of interesting things that need attention. 

This is a RHD car and some corners appear to have been 'shaved' in the process...

I'm am going to convert the 3 centre guages to 52mm VDO units as the factory ones don't work. I've ground the bezels so they now face straight back and not to the left, which will be good. The dash wiring will get a tidy as well as a new ignition switch and set of barrels and keys, plus a new steering wheel...

Needless to say, she went like a scalded cat before I started down this road, and this is going to take a little longer than expected, in best restoration takes!

Stewart

View attachment 47278
More pics plz!

Welcome from Ohio (again)- - and as others have asked, got more pictures?

Back