Greetings from Virginia

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormymedic

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 (3F05H*****)
Picked this rough gem up in a scrap yard for $400 and am planning to complete a restoration with some dealer option modifications only. I want to keep her numbers matching and bring her back to life.
Greetings to everyone from Hampton, Virginia (west of Virginia Beach). I have a 1973 Mach I 351C that I picked up in a salvage yard in August of 2012. I haven't had much time (or money) to do anything with her as of yet. After some research, I have found that she was owned by 1 person prior to her coming into my life and was last registered in 1982 in Maryland.

After flatbed towing her to my house, we (my friends and I) decided to see if she would still run. Of course the fuel tank is completely rusted out, so we went the old-fashioned way. Gasoline and starter fluid straight into the carb. She started like she had never sat around. It sounds awesome. I can't wait until I get the fuel tank replaced and let her run all by herself.

Of course, she needs body panel replacements in the normal rust areas, the fuel tank and the trunk floor is rusted out completely, and lots of cleaning. All the original emblems are still present. Even the door sill plates are present and the Ford sticker is in good condition. The most amazing fact is that the cigarette lighter is present and has NEVER been used.

I can't wait to get started as the time and money becomes more available. I'll post pictures as we get started and let you follow me in my crazy dream of restoring the car that was built the year I was born.

Enough babbling... Just wanted to say hi and hope to learn a lot from you guys & girls.

Welcome to the site from Warrenton Virginia! Sounds like a nice find and you are saving it from rusting away in a salvage yard. Looking forward to seeing pics.

Welcome from wa state!!

Cool man..I did about the same thing few years ago too a little mustang 2 i dragged out from behind a shed..It been sitting for 15 years or more..I made a little burp tank out of a anti freeze jug and hung it high next to the car gravity fed it...ran like a champ.

I'm going to have to try that burp tank idea... Just so I can get some good videos of the engine purring before I begin to dismantle her.

I guess a little more background information about me....

US Navy Veteran - 1991-2002 (Honorable Discharge/Injury)

Firefighter/Paramedic - 2002-Present (Chesapeake Fire Dept)

Adjunct Professor of Emergency Medical Services - 2012-Present (Tidewater Community College)

Old Dominion University Alumni - BSHS 2011

Work alot - love to play hard when I'm not working. Just turned 40 last December (of course 40 is the new 30). I'm gonna act 30 when this car is ready to hit the road. Love the looks I got just flatbed trailering it home. Imagine when it's purring....

Welcome from West Virginia! All the Hampton Roads 71-73 are coming out after I moved out of the area!

I'm going to have to try that burp tank idea... Just so I can get some good videos of the engine purring before I begin to dismantle her.

Adjunct Professor of Emergency Medical Services - 2012-Present (Tidewater Community College)

Work alot - love to play hard when I'm not working. Just turned 40 last December (of course 40 is the new 30). I'm gonna act 30 when this car is ready to hit the road. Love the looks I got just flatbed trailering it home. Imagine when it's purring....
Heck ya...post up the video when done. here is a vid i made of that little mustang 2 when i got it too start. you can see the burp tank i kept it away from the car just in case ....i took the fuel lines off going to the fuel pump...i even did not get spark and had to run a wire to the coil from the bat just to get spark..but it worked..lol

turning 40 in May my self...eeeeeek....putting mine back together just in time!! lol..Owned my mach one out of high school..did not have the heart ot ever sell her.

{Salute for you're service} Been on the Carl Vincent for a week cruze..And stuck in port on it for 4 days after..lol..My uncle a retired Navy chief..and most of the family Navy..got to tour some kick arse boats thou..including the Mighty Mo when she still had all the ww2 batts before they tore them all out..And the old New Jearsy....Still remember being able to walk on the spot where japan surrendered..I guess that is all roped off now days..he almost got me on a Nuke sub out of bremerton...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi and ::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

As I myself will turn 43 at the end of the month, I can say that 40 is the new twenty! :)

::welcome::

::welcome:: from Maine .

That video is awesome. I can't wait until I can really get started on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back