Grille filler panel radiator cover. Please read for information

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mach1000

Reaction score
My Car
1966 convertible
1971 Mach 1
1971 Cougar XR7
1967 F250 Camper Special
filler.jpg

Ok here is the deal on this piece. The guy who made it for this car said it's a one off piece. I talked him into making a mold and more of these. He said he needs at least 10 people to commit to buying for it to be worth it for him to make the mold and make these. They would be made of fiberglass.

If you want one they would be $250. each. Call Josh at at Trick labs in Butler PA at 724-614-7087

Tell him Josh you spoke to Josh (yes my name too) about this. Again he needs at least 10 people committing to buy for him to move forward.

He didn't give me a time frame but would at least need the buyers in place before he moves forward.

If you could PM me too if you want one so I know if we are moving forward with this deal. Thanks!

PS see former thread discussion

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-7173-mustang-grille-filler-panel-who-s-got-made-this-unique-piece

Wow! Thanks, ummm... "Josh" was it again? rofl

I'll take one... and I'll call him later today to get on the list.

Seriously, thanks for the follow-up - this is awesome! ::thumb::

I'm not one for cross-posting, but this should go in the general 7173 Mustang Talk forum as well to get as many people as possible.

-Kurt

I'm not one for cross-posting, but this should go in the general 7173 Mustang Talk forum as well to get as many people as possible.

-Kurt

Maybe the moderator can add it to the other post. Or should I just add it?

Or just keep replying with random "great job" and "thanks" replys to keep the post up front!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
This is nothing new. I have seen them on afew cars already at area shows. One person told me which mustang parts store has them. I will look back though some old emails to see if I keep the parts store name.

Ok check, mustang unlimited.com . They have them for $125.00

I would do my home work on this piece. Just my two cents.

https://www.mustangsunlimited.com/ProdImages/MPG70-C.jpg

This is nothing new. I have seen them on afew cars already at area shows. One person told me which mustang parts store has them. I will look back though some old emails to see if I keep the parts store name.

Ok check, mustang unlimited.com . They have them for $125.00

I would do my home work on this piece. Just my two cents.
Rozz - forgive me for being short with you, but if you bothered to read through the previous discussion (which mach1000 provided a link to), you will realize that this is NOT the same low-quality, plastic panel that presently exists on the market, but a fiberglass piece which was originally made exclusively for the car shown above - of notably higher precision, fit, and finish.

Mach1000 jumped through many hoops to get in touch with the owner of this car to find out who made the panel and to see if additional panels could be fabricated for the forum members. The least we can do is not to spoil his effort to get 10 buyers, much less imply that they're trying to take us for $125 more than anyone else. The extra cost is justified and - as you can see - at least two forum members are willing to pay that premium.

Thank you.

-Kurt

It certainly is a nice looking unit, does not look like fiberglass to me unless it is covered with a pretty thick layer of gel coat. My Harley have gel coat fender and it takes sone extra time and effort to make them that smooth. If he can do that for $250 he is doing a fair deal for a low quantity custom part. $2500 to make a mold and produce parts is diddly for custom parts. Not sure I need it with my aluminum radiator but certainly worth considering.

I was just checking myself. I will call Josh and see what kind of response he got.

I know $250 seems like a decent chunk of change (to me anyway) but if it's as good as the first one he did it would be a lot better than what I've heard it already out there for less.

Cross-post this thread. PM every user who expressed interest in the original thread. You'll get those 8 others.

-Kurt

I was just checking myself. I will call Josh and see what kind of response he got.

I know $250 seems like a decent chunk of change (to me anyway) but if it's as good as the first one he did it would be a lot better than what I've heard it already out there for less.
I never actually got a chance to call him (can't take my phone into work, and don't have long distance available, either - Uncle Sam's a bit of a tightwad, eh?).

If you do talk to him, please count me as one of the guys interested.

Any news?

I just ran across this thread and I know it's old but I would be interested if you can get enough interested. On a side note I contacted this company to see if they had any available and the response was that I could make an apt at his shop and they would make and install it for me. They wanted $800.00 to fab it and install, only problem is that they are in PA. and of course the price.

Back