Gross Vehicle weight and specs.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you get no results in english, think country legislations...

France got similar. So I've searched in french kuz I'm french :)

bam!

http://www.zeperfs.com/fiche3383-ford-mustang-mach-1.htm

(there's a view in english btn)

some other links where weight info is displayed (in french) for either 71 or 71 429

http://www.mustangv8.com/fr/presentation/mustang-71-429-cobra-jet-convertible/

http://www.gamblewiz.com/XG5LJ09R4/

As you said they need something online to read. if the info isn't what they seek,

just make some some technical text/html and I'll host it on my server and make it look like a report of my own 429.

oh and having a 71 429 too, in case you would want make the door sticker.

if yours is a Ford export too, thats how it looks:

Last edited by a moderator:
"poid en marche" is your gross weight

Selon DIN70020. Véhicule en ordre de marche avec le réservoir plein à 90%, sans conducteur.

Selon UE CE 92/21. On ajoute le poids d'un conducteur de 68kg et 7kg de bagage.

says:

DIN: weight of the vehicule in operating condition with tank 90% full, no driver

also called the "poid a vide" in french

The other is the same with the overage weight of a person of 68kg, 7kg luggage.

these are european units/standards...

Indeed the page is for a cleveland engine. so if you provide the weight of a 429 engine (720lbs) and for a cleveland, you add the diff and you have the info you want for a 71 429.

anyway as said, if you want prep some html with the specs I'll host it for you. They won't spend days on this really.

People:

You should resent the statement that a 1971 Mustang is a Gross Vehicle, and it's weight is needed for registration.

Doesn't matter, the very smart dude got on his list he must have that value and he will bite to it till chicken grow teeth.

On mine when i've moved from France to Holland they made me slam into the left tower the vin number, while the french plate with same vin was pinned 20 cm away.

kuz its in the big book of import rules. That nobody during (tech) controls even look at this is irrelevant. Its in the f----g book.

Sad bunch of peeps really

Fabrice....thanks.....great numbers. I will use them, but the 1613kgs cant be the max weight. It must be higher. My car weighed in at 1690kgs.....empty. Official weight!

The 'best' max weight I have seen is the GWVR on a 1972 which is 4441 lbs.......2014kgs or so.

I will print out everything and give it to them.

Incredible actually..........you would think they have this type of info on file.!

I have to knock in a new VIN number too.....on the RIGHT tower. Just stupid. Rules for the sake of rules....baahhh

You would think they have this type of info on file.!

Of course not! Would mean for every new rule/law added to update records back to the first registered cars. Implement exceptions, validations... --> work

As this weight thingy has probably been added to the legislation after 71, it much better to let you do the work so they can fill that form before its 5 pm sharp.

Good luck m8, crossing fingers for you!

Hi Anderslober, sorry for the delay. My phone went dark yesterday, I think most of my electronic devices have caught the flu...so I took a pic with my Ipod I hope you'll be able to see the info on the plate.

IMG_1901[1].JPG

First weight 2050 kg (4555 lbs) is total weight of the car (engine is a 302 Windsor and it is a 1971 Convertible)

Second weight is 1050 kg (2333 lbs) is for max weight in front

Third weight is 1000 kg (2222 lbs) is for max weight in rear 

I don't know how much more a 429 motor weighs over a 302 but I hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back