Had to laugh when I saw this!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
$9,999,999.00! Then I realized it was a BJ car on Ebay. It's a good way to advertise the car. I might do the same thing if I ever sell a car at Mecum or BJ. Hopefully the seller will get a refund on the BJ fees if the car sells on Ebay for $9,999,999.00 for lol.

I think it is a terrible way to advertise. Many prospective buyers may not even see it because they have put a max price in the search criteria. Everybody has a budget, even if it is 200k.

What is a BJ? I have some idea, but it's probably not it :O
Get your mind out of the gutter. He said BJ car, not BJ. I've always known it to be cars with the sport deck rear seat option.

So this looks to be a method Barrett Jackson is using now to get the word out on cars coming to their auctions. I guess they are paying the Ebay fees for the listing. A lot of auction cars have been advertised in Hemmings Motor News in the past, so that idea is nothing new. What is unique is that BJ is using the "Classified" method on Ebay instead of the auction format, and they are using a price of $9,999,999.00 so it would never sell on Ebay. It would be against Ebays rules to list a car with their auction format and then list it elsewhere. I have set up searches for different cars for sale on Ebay and my email in-box is showing a lot of 71-73 Mustangs and Cougars coming up for sale at the next BJ auction, and they are all popping up on Ebay for a classified price of $9,999,999.00.

Back