Hallo I am just starting my first build with a 71 mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1
Hallo I am just starting my first build with a 71 mach 1, that my dad gave to me. He stated the car 11 years ago but found a 64 1/4 convertible and never messed the 71 after that, so it has been siting around for 10 years. He is not doing any more restorations has divided up all his cars (except for his 64 1/2), his only condition was that I fix the car up so he can see what he missed out on, so you can image the sentimental value of the car to me. I am looking for good info on where to start and help along the way. I am attempting to start it today so I can see where to take it from there.

Welcome to an excellent sight for what you need. A forum name would be good though. In the meantime, welcome from North Carolina! ::welcome::

Welcome from Arkansas...you will find all the info you need right here, just ask and you shall receive. As to the question "where to start?" how about some pics so we can see what you have to work with?

Welcome from California.

As for your build, do you know what you want as a finished product (rebuild, resto-mod, etc)?

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

Welcome to the forum from West Tennessee. Looks like a good foundation to start with. What direction do you want to go with the car? We have some that go restoration, some go resto-mod, some go all out modified. Post what you are thinking about doing and ask any questions on what you need help with. Great group of folks here who can get you the information you need. Keep the pictures going as you move along.

Welcome aboard! Nice lookin' "starting point."

Tell me more about your wheels. I'm 'slightly restomodding" mine, and I'm leaning heavily towards the 'Torque-Thrust' wheels (or very similar knock-offs, or whatever).

What sizes are your wheels and tires? (I really like the look in the picture you posted)

start slow ,dont get over whelmed and take it day by day and good luck!

Welcome to the forum from West Tennessee. Looks like a good foundation to start with. What direction do you want to go with the car? We have some that go restoration, some go resto-mod, some go all out modified. Post what you are thinking about doing and ask any questions on what you need help with. Great group of folks here who can get you the information you need. Keep the pictures going as you move along.
Im looking at restoring it and would like to make it look as close to the way it would have rolled out of the factory. I tried to start it today but no luck I was looking at the carburetor and im missing some springs so Im thinking of rebuilding it. Do you know of any good sight that can guide in the proses of rebuilding it.

Welcome aboard! Nice lookin' "starting point."

Tell me more about your wheels. I'm 'slightly restomodding" mine, and I'm leaning heavily towards the 'Torque-Thrust' wheels (or very similar knock-offs, or whatever).

What sizes are your wheels and tires? (I really like the look in the picture you posted)
they are BF Goodrich P255/50 ZR 16 and they say American racing so i think they are Torque-thrust too

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from coastal Alabama! What do you want us to call you? Hand me down is too long to type. I guess we can call you Hand like the truckers do on the CB.

Anyway, nice starting point Hand!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back