Happy Halloween Pic Thread

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's mine, most of you have seen it. While stretching the color palette slightly for Halloween, my grandkids think it looks more like "Bumblebee", the Camaro in the Transformers movie. Medium Yellow / Gold, with Ginger interior, is how this car came according to data sticker. Marti confirmed.
Cool, I used to have a gold Glastron boat that I towed behind my 73 gold glow sports roof, Have a picture of the car but not towing the boat unfortunately. I do have a picture of my 2000 millennium yellow Corvette backed up to my 2000 Malibu Corvette skiboat though. I used to pull it to a car show that was only a couple of miles away from my house hitched up to the Corvette. People would go crazy for the package. Most didn’t realize I lived close by and thought I was nuts to tow something that big with a 1500 lb hitch 😆

Attachments

• 3195B5C7-5E42-4C74-8332-8DE78082E4F0.jpeg
    3195B5C7-5E42-4C74-8332-8DE78082E4F0.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
  • FEA53371-271A-4930-9B6C-A1ED8E3C919E.jpeg
    FEA53371-271A-4930-9B6C-A1ED8E3C919E.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oops, I should’ve read further down!! I won’t agree with you that no one will like it, I like it A LOT because I used to have a flame orange 72 Chevelle as well
Thanks, only people who have had one recognize flame orange metallic, most Chevy guys think hugger orange is the only orange they ever made. At car shows, I always get the "what car is that color off of is it a custom mix", they never believe it is the factory original color for the car, albeit a two stage formula of it. It was a really rare color for 72 because up to the 71 Chevelle they were offered hugger orange and flame orange came out in 72 for the Chevelle and the public basically hated it by comparison. It was a very popular color in Corvette though, go figure.

Thanks, only people who have had one recognize flame orange metallic, most Chevy guys think hugger orange is the only orange they ever made. At car shows, I always get the "what car is that color off of is it a custom mix", they never believe it is the factory original color for the car, albeit a two stage formula of it. It was a really rare color for 72 because up to the 71 Chevelle they were offered hugger orange and flame orange came out in 72 for the Chevelle and the public basically hated it by comparison. It was a very popular color in Corvette though, go figure.
It's a great color and it looks like an incredible car. Very very nice.

Cool, I used to have a gold Glastron boat that I towed behind my 73 gold glow sports roof, Have a picture of the car but not towing the boat unfortunately. I do have a picture of my 2000 millennium yellow Corvette backed up to my 2000 Malibu Corvette skiboat though. I used to pull it to a car show that was only a couple of miles away from my house hitched up to the Corvette. People would go crazy for the package. Most didn’t realize I lived close by and thought I was nuts to tow something that big with a 1500 lb hitch 😆
LOL That's awesome, I bet that was a head turner.

Yeah, I know, it's so funny how people can be about hating on orange, but they will love reds that are almost orange. Buick offered Flame orange as well on the Skylark and GS. It was only available in 72.1667404568662.png

Last edited:
Cool, I used to have a gold Glastron boat that I towed behind my 73 gold glow sports roof, Have a picture of the car but not towing the boat unfortunately. I do have a picture of my 2000 millennium yellow Corvette backed up to my 2000 Malibu Corvette skiboat though. I used to pull it to a car show that was only a couple of miles away from my house hitched up to the Corvette. People would go crazy for the package. Most didn’t realize I lived close by and thought I was nuts to tow something that big with a 1500 lb hitch
Off topic, so I apologize, but I have been towing with my Mach since I first got it 32 years ago. My hitch was custom engineered by a company named Eckhart Trailer Hitches. They were local where I used to live in the San Fernando Valley, in Los Angeles. I drove in and told them my intentions to tow my drag boats. Eckhart custom built and installed my hitch to carry 3500 lbs, darned near as much as my car weighs, it is attached at 6 points ( God forbid I ever need to drop my gas tank ), and I have the capacity for electric trailer brakes on board. Rear suspension, springs, shocks, are heavy duty aftermarket. Added Traction Masters, 3.50 Trac-Loc, driveshaft hoop, and aftermarket rear sway bar too. Of my 4 trailered boats, two are electric and two are surge braked. The car has enough grunt to pull the weight, but trailer brakes are a necessity, really. You are so right, people go nuts at seeing a boat being towed behind it. One woman , saw me on the freeway enroute to the boat drags, and was walking around in the pits at the races. She said she was impressed with the whole rig, and said that I should replace the "1" in the Mach 1 on the sides of the car, with an "O", 'cause it looked so MACHO. First pic.... Google Maps caught me enroute out in the desert, hauling ass. Note, I'm not in the slow lane, and I'm pulling a hill with my vintage Blown Gas Hydro( Hemi ) wheeling behind......Second shot is the Five Time World Record Holding Unblown Fuel Flat (2 nitro burning 327s inline ) behind the Mach at the races.....last shot is a boat I owned ( 427 Side-oiler ) and restored years ago, taken at Parker ( the Colorado River ), a 325 mile desert pull each way. You have to click on each photo to see more of the car, God bless that Mach 1.

Attachments

• 11-of-the-most-badass-rides-found-on-google-street-view (2).jpg
    11-of-the-most-badass-rides-found-on-google-street-view (2).jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Mondo Combo.PNG
    Mondo Combo.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Wild Cherry at Branson's in morning.jpg
    Wild Cherry at Branson's in morning.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Off topic, so I apologize, but I have been towing with my Mach since I first got it 32 years ago. My hitch was custom engineered by a company named Eckhart Trailer Hitches. They were local where I used to live in the San Fernando Valley, in Los Angeles. I drove in and told them my intentions to tow my drag boats. Eckhart custom built and installed my hitch to carry 3500 lbs, darned near as much as my car weighs, it is attached at 6 points ( god forbid I ever need to drop my gas tank ), and I have the capacity for electric trailer brakes on board. Rear suspension, springs, shocks, are heavy duty aftermarket. Added Traction Masters, 3.50 Trac-Loc, driveshaft hoop, and aftermarket sway bar too. Of my 4 trailered boats, two are electric and two are surge braked. The car has enough grunt to pull the weight, but trailer brakes are a necessity, really. You are so right, people go nuts at seeing a boat being towed behind it. One woman , saw me on the freeway enroute to the boat drags, and was walking around in the pits at the races. She said she was impressed with the whole rig, and said that I should replace the "1" in the Mach 1 on the sides of the car, with an "O", 'cause it looked so MACHO. First pic.... Google Maps caught me enroute out in the desert, hauling ass. Note, I'm not in the slow lane, and I'm pulling a hill with my vintage Blown Gas Hydro( Hemi ) wheeling behind......Second shot is the Five Time Record Holding Unblown Fuel Flat (2 nitro burning 327s inline ) behind the Mach at the races.....last shot is a boat I owned ( 427 Side-oiler ) and restored years ago, taken at Parker ( the Colorado River ), a 325 mile desert pull each way. You have to click on each photo to see more of the car,God bless that Mach 1.
That’s a great story Spike!

Off topic, so I apologize, but I have been towing with my Mach since I first got it 32 years ago. My hitch was custom engineered by a company named Eckhart Trailer Hitches. They were local where I used to live in the San Fernando Valley, in Los Angeles. I drove in and told them my intentions to tow my drag boats. Eckhart custom built and installed my hitch to carry 3500 lbs, darned near as much as my car weighs, it is attached at 6 points ( God forbid I ever need to drop my gas tank ), and I have the capacity for electric trailer brakes on board. Rear suspension, springs, shocks, are heavy duty aftermarket. Added Traction Masters, 3.50 Trac-Loc, driveshaft hoop, and aftermarket rear sway bar too. Of my 4 trailered boats, two are electric and two are surge braked. The car has enough grunt to pull the weight, but trailer brakes are a necessity, really. You are so right, people go nuts at seeing a boat being towed behind it. One woman , saw me on the freeway enroute to the boat drags, and was walking around in the pits at the races. She said she was impressed with the whole rig, and said that I should replace the "1" in the Mach 1 on the sides of the car, with an "O", 'cause it looked so MACHO. First pic.... Google Maps caught me enroute out in the desert, hauling ass. Note, I'm not in the slow lane, and I'm pulling a hill with my vintage Blown Gas Hydro( Hemi ) wheeling behind......Second shot is the Five Time World Record Holding Unblown Fuel Flat (2 nitro burning 327s inline ) behind the Mach at the races.....last shot is a boat I owned ( 427 Side-oiler ) and restored years ago, taken at Parker ( the Colorado River ), a 325 mile desert pull each way. You have to click on each photo to see more of the car, God bless that Mach 1.
LOVE THAT POST SPIKE !!!

Back